SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Motor is back in the car.

p1846451_1.jpg

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Looks like you are getting a new harness made. On the coil pack harness, are those little white pieces zip ties? Please say no.

You can see it between coils two and three.

What will you be tuning with?

Lastly, with the baller status you have with those rims, I would of expect two HKS 60MM GTII. :) Overkill, yes. Baller Status Approved.

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
IBoughtASupra;1846454 said:
Looks like you are getting a new harness made. On the coil pack harness, are those little white pieces zip ties? Please say no.

You can see it between coils two and three.

What will you be tuning with?

Lastly, with the baller status you have with those rims, I would of expect two HKS 60MM GTII. :) Overkill, yes. Baller Status Approved.

The harness was a new 7M harness that has been modified. There are only about 65 wires remaining. There will be no zip tie action involved in the finished product.

Twin HKS 60MM would be nice.

AEM V1
p1846456_1.jpg

Has been replaced with V2.
p1846456_2.jpg

Last edited:

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
IBoughtASupra;1846459 said:
O, okay. I was going to be a sad panda if you were going to zip tie the harness.

Keep the updates coming.

This is being used to wrap the harness:

dr25.jpg

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Grandavi;1846465 said:
whats very odd is (and I usually dont feel this way...) I really want to drive your car. I think the only other time I felt that way was looking at an astin martin...

When you are in socal, then feel free to take it for a spin.

bmk3

MK3 owner goin 1JZ ftw
Feb 14, 2009
Garland,TX
I just read this entire thread, can't wait to see her running, any power goals with that turbo, or u just going for some fun in mexico?

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Rodel, just wondering, on your 3 piece Kaminari Rear Wing... do you know anyone that makes a replica or something even better? I'm liking my whale tail from Shine, but I want to do some modifications and if I go ahead with them, I think I may go to the 3 piece wing. (I have a 89+ 3 piece in the garage, but I like some of the features of yours over the OEM one)

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Grandavi, it's kinda too bad that there were never any "risers" made for our spoilers like they had on the 6th gen Celicas. Would be a bit difficult to do properly and make look good, but I don't think it would be impossible...

As far as I am aware, there are no replicas being made currently, and a good replica would likely cost as much as a decent used one. There is a thread in the general section on the Kaminari 3 piece wing.

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Grandavi;1854372 said:
Rodel, just wondering, on your 3 piece Kaminari Rear Wing... do you know anyone that makes a replica or something even better? I'm liking my whale tail from Shine, but I want to do some modifications and if I go ahead with them, I think I may go to the 3 piece wing. (I have a 89+ 3 piece in the garage, but I like some of the features of yours over the OEM one)

There is no kaminari replica. An alternate 3 piece aftermarket spoiler is Regulus.

bmk3;1854331 said:
I just read this entire thread, can't wait to see her running, any power goals with that turbo, or u just going for some fun in mexico?

Aiming for 350.:biglaugh: