Notice: Easy to follow rules!

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
kotu100;1425491 said:
you've never been to Massachusetts have you? :biglaugh:

Sure have ;) , even lived there for awhile, I could at least bulldog my way through the left lane. Here I have much less luck. It's as if they are oblivious to there mirrors, and never see anybody in them. And I've currently asked a hand full of people(over a period of time) from Washington if they knew about this rule. AND NONE OF THEM HAVE EVER HEARD OF IT, even though it's posted right on the side of the road.

People can seem to see the speed limit sign just fine, but are blind to that one.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
I <3 driving in germany. People over there move over when they see something coming up quick. People here hit their brakes.

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
I fucking hate it when people don't signal ahead of time when they are going to switch lanes. I almost got ran off the road into a pole by a fucking POLICE OFFICER because his dumbass self decided that while I was right along side him that he was going to come into my lane. So I slam on the brakes and lock my tires up, start sliding at an angle and come to a stop. He then stopped, allowed me to pass, then pulled me over because I squeeled my tires (his fault). I didn't get a ticket because I had a passenger who could back up my story if he decided to give me a ticket and we go to court.

And then, as previously mentioned, you have the idiots going slower than the dead in the left and middle lanes, which force me to pass in the right lane (which is dangerous). Around here, most of those people that clog up the roads are from Wisconsin.

I'm guilty of screaming out of my window (cursing, threats, etc) at people because they go too slow, cut me off, brake check me, and other stupid shit

Fuzz420

Are U Here 2 take My Baby
It seems like when im in the supra, and they see you coming up. They seem to move before i get there so i dont have to slow down. It happens more times than not, but when im in anything else. Oh no, traffic doesnt know how to move to the left.

My favorite thing is when im about 6" from the enemies car in front me. I sway side to side to be seen in the side mirrors. After about 5 miles of being stuck behind this one clown you try to pass on the right to find out the next car in front of them is several miles in front. Im thinking why in the fuck wouldnt you move. So i pass and give them the your a dumbfuck look. If lived in a cartoon i would put brush guards on the cars and ram anything body that slows me down

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
foreverpsycotic;1425821 said:
I <3 driving in germany. People over there move over when they see something coming up quick. People here hit their brakes.

+1 I lived there for about 6 months - and the autobahns are heavenly! Everyone knows where they should be!

But I'm also going to go against the grain a little bit and say, in general, the drivers in Minnesota are not too bad about this. Obviously it's no Germany, but not bad compared to many other places. My worst experience was in the Bay Area California, highways are a disaster there!

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
emiliorescigno;1425863 said:
My worst experience was in the Bay Area California, highways are a disaster there!

I'll agree with you. I drove through San Francisco a couple years ago it was an absolute nightmare merging into traffic. The people there seem to be afraid that you'll take their spot if you move into their lane.:nono:

lewis15498

Don't blame ebay cheapass
Sep 28, 2008
Raynham, Massachusetts, United States
gaboonviper85;1425893 said:
This is why I keep a collection of coins in my car....some tailgateing or in the left lane going slow gets a handfull

The way people drive, that could get expensive lol.

I swear when going down the highway at a good clip, I swear people in the lane right of me intentionally pull in front of me. Its like they're mad that I'm driving faster than them.

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
lewis15498;1426124 said:
The way people drive, that could get expensive lol.

I swear when going down the highway at a good clip, I swear people in the lane right of me intentionally pull in front of me. Its like they're mad that I'm driving faster than them.

I've had the same thing happen to me many times. Stupid people see me flying up on them since they're doing 10 under the limit and they feel they need to slow me down, change into my lane, and force me to slam on my brakes.

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
take out a slingshot with frozen dog crap and fling it at their cars, through their open windows, and into their mouths. problem solved lmao

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
Supracentral;1425497 said:
Motherfucking people from North Carolina, WTF is wrong with you? I have never seen people who will hold onto that left lane even if it is a threat to their life. You could honestly have a tractor trailer tailgating 3" off their bumper, laying on the air horns with flames pouring out of the front fenders and they'd just ignore it.

I spent a year in NC. I was the one person you saw going the speed limit, in the "slow lane". I hated the drivers there.

By the way, for a "suburb", Woodstock is huge. It easily has more shopping and conveniences than everything I had within an hour of me in NC. I was the guy in the right lane last night, going under the speed limit in a moving truck with a car towed behind.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
drunk_medic;1426242 said:
By the way, for a "suburb", Woodstock is huge. It easily has more shopping and conveniences than everything I had within an hour of me in NC. I was the guy in the right lane last night, going under the speed limit in a moving truck with a car towed behind.

I told you you'd like it here. Welcome to the neighborhood. :)

lewis15498

Don't blame ebay cheapass
Sep 28, 2008
Raynham, Massachusetts, United States
Moy;1426135 said:
take out a slingshot with frozen dog crap and fling it at their cars, through their open windows, and into their mouths. problem solved lmao

That would mean you would have to collect dog poo, put it in your freezer, and then have a cooler in your car for it....kinda weird.

GF hops in car
"o are we going on a picnic?!"
"no, thats just my dog poo."
GF hops out of car

Anth505

Failte
Apr 8, 2007
Toronto Ontario
Canada is no better. At least the greater Toronto area. There are people here who (once they accelerate to highway speed long after the on ramp is finished) automatically get into the left lane. Like that's just where you should automatically go. No way in hell anyone moves over for anyone else.

My pet peeve though, are the people who constantly 'tap' their brake pedal on the highway for no particular reason. If they are gaining on the car infront, it takes too much brain power for them to realize it in the first place (which if they did, they could just let off the gas), but nooo, they have to hit the brakes, causing the ass hats behind them who follow too close, to also hit the brakes, eventually slowing the highway down to a crawl.

Also, the people who can't figure out that it takes a little more pedal to maintain speed going uphill. Arrgh.

Why can't people just drive with some sort of consistancy??

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
lewis15498;1426280 said:
That would mean you would have to collect dog poo, put it in your freezer, and then have a cooler in your car for it....kinda weird.

GF hops in car
"o are we going on a picnic?!"
"no, thats just my dog poo."
GF hops out of car

true... didn't think of that one...

Apparently you have never driven Rt. 80 or 78 in NJ, where New Yorkers believe they own the left lane at 55 MPH.

Bernie

Supracentral;1425497 said:
Motherfucking people from North Carolina, WTF is wrong with you? I have never seen people who will hold onto that left lane even if it is a threat to their life. You could honestly have a tractor trailer tailgating 3" off their bumper, laying on the air horns with flames pouring out of the front fenders and they'd just ignore it.