not sure if i need new vsv's

sparkplug619

2 Supras, 1 Paycheck =[
Sep 28, 2008
San Diego California
hello, i am doing a turbo swap into my 89 na. I bought the engine as a short block and located many parts but i noticed between the 7mgte and 7mge vacuum diagram, the vsv's and egr cooler dont look the same. I am in california so no doubt i am gonna need them, but do i need turbo ones?

another thing i ran into, Im pretty sure this has been covered, but anyway does a w58 bolt right up to the turbo block? or would i need to change anything because i running way too short on money to buy the r-154 but if i need to replace parts to make the w58 fit i might as well find a r154.

thanks
sparkplug

sparkplug619

2 Supras, 1 Paycheck =[
Sep 28, 2008
San Diego California
i read the sticky but it didnt mention it. I searched and couldnt find anything about the difference between them. I posted this thread as the last resort, They dont look the same in the vacuum diagram so maybe they arent but I definitely wouldnt know so i come to see if anyone else does

Thank you for your time supramania, sorry to clutter your forum with my threads, Ill find the answer myself

sparkplug

PHILLYSUPRA

serious
Jun 29, 2005
philly
ive got both engines in my basement right now( GE and GTE) the vsv's and the egr cooler are the same between both engines BUT, the one difference is the egr itself and the vacuum ports on top of it. the GE has three vac ports while the GTE has two. you'll notice that they can be quite interchangable.

sparkplug619

2 Supras, 1 Paycheck =[
Sep 28, 2008
San Diego California
PHILLYSUPRA;1368345 said:
ive got both engines in my basement right now( GE and GTE) the vsv's and the egr cooler are the same between both engines BUT, the one difference is the egr itself and the vacuum ports on top of it. the GE has three vac ports while the GTE has two. you'll notice that they can be quite interchangable.

hey thanks for the reply on such an old thread lol. when i was looking at the egr on the tsrm i noticed vacuum difference, so all i would need to replace is my egr.

thanks again
sparkplug