Not running a dump tube?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VooDoo

Draggin ass on his build
Mar 20, 2008
Valdosta ,Ga
Is there a problem not running a dump tube? Just the open side of the wastgate? I have one but my Downpipe will not let me use it. Having a TH350 has made making more room an issue. As im sure it can be done Not really wanting to redo all of it.

whitemike

Banned
Aug 30, 2009
Winter Park, Florida, United States
I really think it all depends on where your wastegate is. The dump tube is to relocate the hot exhaust gasses away from things it can harm. Think of the components around your wastegate, including wiring, vac hoses, anything plastic..

-Mike

Victor Charlie

Supramania Contributor
Aug 18, 2009
Ann Arbor
IMHO, I don't think it's a good idea. The engine compartment tends to be hot anyway. I ran a few days with an open O2 sensor hole on my DP elbow area and I melted some paint and plastic vacuum lines.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
I know of 2 240sx's that burned to the ground for not running dumptube's. Things got a little under under the hood and caught something on fire. Sure, there different that our MKIII's, but I wouldn't risk it.

VooDoo

Draggin ass on his build
Mar 20, 2008
Valdosta ,Ga
Maybe i can fab the dump tube to fit rather than the DP. Seems every time I get ready to drop it in the car I change something, or find an issue to take care of.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
VooDoo;1528071 said:
Is there a problem not running a dump tube? Just the open side of the wastgate? I have one but my Downpipe will not let me use it. Having a TH350 has made making more room an issue. As im sure it can be done Not really wanting to redo all of it.

I wouldn't do it. I've seen too many cars go up in flames because of not having one.

VooDoo

Draggin ass on his build
Mar 20, 2008
Valdosta ,Ga
Why do you drive fast? It's dangerous as well. I don't need useless replies please. Why do you think I was asking? I have the info needed thanks everyone?

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
i've been running without a dump tube for a couple months now no issues, and i drive pretty hard. the sounds is cool but loud, but im going to be putting a tube just for safety issues. i've been fine without but i guess its a hit or miss. but then again im running low boost and no race fuel so i dont really shoot out flames! lol

gotsomegetsome

Age Quod Agis
Mar 31, 2008
san jose
VooDoo;1528684 said:
Why do you drive fast? It's dangerous as well. I don't need useless replies please. Why do you think I was asking? I have the info needed thanks everyone?

I dont drive fast...
and Why would you ask a USELESS question like this?

VooDoo

Draggin ass on his build
Mar 20, 2008
Valdosta ,Ga
I would just assume this be the end of that conversation. Obviously it will lead no were but just making us both look like children who feel the need make useless posts between us both. So thanks for the comment and had I know that it was dangerous I would not have even asked. But as we see there are people doing it. ME I got to much $$$$$$$ invested in my ride to watch it be a tourist attraction as it burns.

Status
Not open for further replies.