Not really the new guy, just getting ready to buy another MKiii!

Timeless6270

Jun 27, 2011
Lost Causes, NM
I haven't been here for awhile, but I'm back now. My last Supra had to be sold to cover bills while I was out of work, but that's about to change. The thing I'm stuck on now is the engine for my next Toy. It will either be a 7m:naughty:, or a 2j:evil2:, I'm just stuck deciding which. An thoughts/recommendations? I do want a fully functioning car with ac, unlike my last two(Because Racecar).

It's good to be getting back into the Supra life style(No money/empty bank account), But I love these cars with a major passion:love::love:. I really can't wait to get my hands on my next one.

Thanks every one for all the GREAT knowledge I have learned from the SupraMania family

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
Whats your knowledge like regarding either engine? Do you have the patience for the 7m? Even 2js are old enough now that the reliability on the electronics is diminished. What goals do you have to the car?

Timeless6270

Jun 27, 2011
Lost Causes, NM
I have plenty of patience for the 7m. I have owned an 88 targa turbo, and an 87 turbo hard top. The 2j would be a hole new thing for me to learn really. What I'm looking for in my next Supra is an all around toy really. I would like it to handle pretty good, have ac, and be pretty quick. My last one was i beast. PTE 67/65 billet wheel turbo, injectors, MAF translator, stage 3 RPS clutch, 3" turbo back exhaust, Eibach pro lowering kit, Tokico illumina iii. It was a fun car to have really. the thing I have to watch myself on is getting power hungry. That's why I was thinking 2j, for the power I know it can make. I love the 7m though, and I would do my next one more clear headed than my last one, which I got some not so well researched advise on, and killed two turbos in two weeks.

I'm sure I'll go with a 7m though. For me it is just so hard to walk away from such a good engine.

Bina Supra

Jul 14, 2014
HBG PA, United States
Timeless6270;2022092 said:
I have plenty of patience for the 7m. I have owned an 88 targa turbo, and an 87 turbo hard top. The 2j would be a hole new thing for me to learn really. What I'm looking for in my next Supra is an all around toy really. I would like it to handle pretty good, have ac, and be pretty quick. My last one was i beast. PTE 67/65 billet wheel turbo, injectors, MAF translator, stage 3 RPS clutch, 3" turbo back exhaust, Eibach pro lowering kit, Tokico illumina iii. It was a fun car to have really. the thing I have to watch myself on is getting power hungry. That's why I was thinking 2j, for the power I know it can make. I love the 7m though, and I would do my next one more clear headed than my last one, which I got some not so well researched advise on, and killed two turbos in two weeks.

I'm sure I'll go with a 7m though. For me it is just so hard to walk away from such a good engine.

I completely agree, I get asked why don't you just go with a 2jz swap. With the money you spent for the horse power you aimed for would of been the better route. Well first I never care what anyone else suggested. And I just love the 7m, my son even has an MK3 now, guess we are a Supra family :)

Timeless6270

Jun 27, 2011
Lost Causes, NM
I have had my two so far. A friend of mine is actually going to sell me an 87 na, auto that has been swapped to turbo 5 speed. Plus he is going to throw in the extra engine, trans(R154), turbos, etc. I know I can pick it up for cheap too. His wife's 240sx needs work, and they want the money for that. lol. I'll find my next one soon though.