Not really MkIII, but supra related

OkieRA29

Oct 22, 2008
Oklahoma City
Got the MkIII moved to the house this past week. Should make the little stuff that needs finished easier to get done. Since I had an empty space, I decided to fill it...

Well, added to the herd again today...
After several unsuccessful attempts to obtain a P-Type, luck has sought to bless me. I had been chasing an 85 P-type Automatic in an impound auction for two months. Last month, it sold for right around 600$. It ran, but really rough. So this month I am searching the auction list of the same impound yard and there is the same 85 listed again. I went to the auction yesterday and it was the same car. This time it sold for 800$ and it didn't run this time. So I left disappointed. I had spotted another P-type in town that was at an apartment complex on flat tires. I stopped into the office on my way home. The manager knew about the car. he said he had been meaning to get it towed, but hadn't got around to it. Long story short, if I could tow it I could have it. I am now the semi-owner of a P-type. Here she is.

p1231721_1.jpg

p1231721_2.jpg

p1231721_3.jpg

Interior is in decent shape..
p1231721_4.jpg

I did find the reason that it had been parked and abandoned for so long...
p1231721_5.jpg

Appears that some one blew a headgasket. Shouldn't be that hard a fix. Heads for 5Ms are pretty easy to find around here. I know that there are at least three or four in a local junkyard. I should just have to get a headgasket. It appears that whoever removed the head nicely kept all the bolts and other parts in containers in the car. The entire intake is sitting in the rear floor.
p1231721_6.jpg

There is some rust, mainly on the hatch beneath the spoiler, but that is it. The mudflaps and such were on a supra I saw in the junkyard the other day, so I may go grab those right away. I am pretty jazzed right now. I have a SUPRA!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, the supra in the junkyard also has a good front clip to replace the bad one on this car.

TurboFreak

NOBAMA
Jan 22, 2006
East Coast
Soo.......lol.......you stole someone's car because the apt. manager said you could?

Does the person know? How are you going to get a title? Did it have tags?

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
TurboFreak;1231735 said:
Soo.......lol.......you stole someone's car because the apt. manager said you could?

Does the person know? How are you going to get a title? Did it have tags?

+1

A bit sketchy. Nice car though, could use a cleaning.

OkieRA29

Oct 22, 2008
Oklahoma City
here in this state, if a car has been left sitting on apartment property and the owner has been given notice, the car can be towed at the apartment managers discretion. That is how most of the cars at impound auctions end up there. I did it legally, I left contact information with the apartment manager. If the owner wishes to retrive their vehicle there is that avenue. After some time I can apply for a title 42 and be granted ownership. The car had been sitting for almost a year. All four tires were flat. I approached the apartment manager several times in the last two weeks. The person that the car belongs to is no longer at the apartment complex. I have attempted contact with the owner as well. I believe that he may be a guest of I.C.E. at this time.
I will wait the appointed time and then apply for a title 42. Don't worry, it is legal here. You can not just abandon a car on someone else's property.

Last edited:

OkieRA29

Oct 22, 2008
Oklahoma City
Yes, the car has tags, but they are out of date about 7-8 months. This will work out just like any other of the cars impounded daily in the state. The title will not be a problem. It will cost me about 100$ to get it done. I have a friend who helps out with it. I do need to wait a couple of months before I can file for the 42 paperwork. I will also need to contact the owner at the registered address on the title. If there is no contest, then I can proceed with the title. Takes a little bit of legwork and such. I did attempt several times to make contact with the owner... I had already run the tag and know who the car is registered to. There is some paperwork in the car, but that address is no longer good as well. It was either I tow it, or it was going to the junkyard. Even if the registered owner shows up, it is better than the car being junked or crushed.