not just another 2jz swap...

twan

Supramania Contributor
Oct 18, 2009
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
okay so last year i dropped usdm 7mgte into my 88 non turbo. had some problems with cooling and other leaks, now ive got the worlds biggest boost leak and a warped head (compression test shows 150psi first two and last two cylinders, middle two are 120psi)
so now i learnt my lesson about doing things half-assed and the cheap way costs more time and money in the end. ive decided to cheat and go with a jdm 2jz this summer. seems like everyone else is doing it, so a lot of more info and suggestions are out there.
here is my progress so far of my custom parts i know will not fail this time:
use to be cruise control and fog switches here
p1699792_1.jpg

apexi avc-r boost controller fitted with body filler
p1699792_2.jpg

p1699792_3.jpg

i positioned it on a very small angle so i could see it better from driver's seat
p1699792_4.jpg

primed and painted waiting for vinyl
p1699792_5.jpg

batt relocate
p1699792_6.jpg

p1699792_7.jpg

same cf vinyl will be used on apexi dash
p1699792_8.jpg

custom fan shroud w/ electric fans mounted to fluidyne rad bought from raptor racing :)
p1699792_9.jpg

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Why did you just post that?

Look at that, another question. :biglaugh:

Seriously, OP, you should get some snake skin loom and cover each of those wires. It will prevent them from rubbing against the body and shorting out and blowing fuses. I see you do have the wires strapped down but if you put loom over it, it will give you extra insurance. The plastic loom is fine as well.

twan

Supramania Contributor
Oct 18, 2009
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Oh yeah that is the progress picture. I should have posted the newer one I took. I bought 100' of that p.e.t. techflex to do the wire harness and other misc. Wires like these ones. My plan is to have everything looking clean and safe ;)

twan

Supramania Contributor
Oct 18, 2009
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
i finished the boost controller panel for my car. i was thinking of adding some idiot lights to the bottom of it. like the 2jz has low oil pressure or low oil level warning light so ill add that to there. and a light for the fuel pump and things like that
p1700329_1.jpg

prettymuchanoob

Mar 24, 2011
Dallas
Boost controller panel looks awesome! great idea. you should box that battery tho.. A good sealed one with a tube leading outside to vent battery fumes.