Not getting electric. Please help! Lost!

GotBoost2JZ

Jun 27, 2011
Ohio
Car: 95 240sx with 1JZ swap. Wiring professionally done by tech2/tweak'd performance (lifetime warranty and all new wiring. I say this just to eliminate, or at least put on the back burner, the option that the harness might be bad)

Last night I finished the car up, pulled it out for it's first start and it started first try. Woot. I let it run for a while, did some checks, yadda yadda, then shut it down without a drive. I ran a quick errand then came back to do some finishing touches to the car. Started it a few times to move it. It started dying on its own. I figured it was because of the very low idle. No biggie. But then i started having problems with even getting power to the dash. Id finagle with the key and the (god-awful) aftermarket alarm that the previous owner (stupidly) installed. It requires you double click the unlock button to be able to start the car. I loathe this horrible alarm system. Anyway, it got to the point where I just didn't have any console power. Just dome/trunk/headlights. When you turn the key nothing happens. Not even clicks. Not even accessory power. Ended up pushing the car into the garage.

Today I went though and started doing checks. All the fuses in the engine compartment fuse box and the cabin kick panel fuse box are good. I checked all of the relays for continuity. The battery, alternator, and starter are all getting 12.3 volts. The battery is securely grounded. The engine is grounded in three spots to the body. Why the heck wont the engine start, let alone the fact I'm not getting console power?

Last edited: