not exactly photo editing but seemed the best

whenmunkysfly

scratch that...going 2jz
Jun 26, 2006
United States
So I'm thinking of getting a tattoo but only if I really really like how it looks seeing as I'll be living with it the rest of my life.

I know I want a supra in it and the grim reaper.

I want to have the supra in a full drift and the grim reaper as the background of the supra trying to reach out and consume the supra in its arms. I don't want it completely head on but at a slight angle. And it's going on my back and left side.

I don't wanna go for a cartoon look at all I want it to pop out at you and have you really see the reaper trying to keep up with the supra in drift lol

Basically I'm trying to draw it out but having a hard time. I am good at drawing and sketching but just cant get the image in my head down on paper. I was wondering if anyone was interested in drawing this out for me. We could work out some kinda deal or whatever.

I'm gonna have it done in a upper right to lower left angle and only taking up from my spine to half way around my side. this I'm not really stuck on as long as it's gonna look really good lol

Thanks to anyone who replies, also if anyone has any ideas of people who might draw it out for me that would be kool to. thanks

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
I am not trying to knock your style or anything, cause I think the idea is great. But my guess is your young. If your under 20, think about it for a good 8 months to a year. I love my supra, I love all supras, but I don't think I will 20 years from now. Just think about it for a while before you do it. If you do it, I hope it looks as good as the image I have in my head.

whenmunkysfly

scratch that...going 2jz
Jun 26, 2006
United States
Dunckel said:
I am not trying to knock your style or anything, cause I think the idea is great. But my guess is your young. If your under 20, think about it for a good 8 months to a year. I love my supra, I love all supras, but I don't think I will 20 years from now. Just think about it for a while before you do it. If you do it, I hope it looks as good as the image I have in my head.

I'm 21 but close enough lol and I have thought long and hard about this. Really I never thought I would want a tattoo because I could never think of somthing I would like. But I knew if I could come up with something I liked I'd do it. I'm by no means done thinking about it yet ether but I do understand where your coming from.

As far as posting up sketches I'll have to work on that so far they have been so rough you cant even tell it's a supra or the reaper just some lines trying to figure out the angle I want.

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
As stated make sure you want it. It also gets very addictive. I made the mistake of putting my first 3 on my forearms, so now since I'm not super rich, it looks VERY naked since I can't afford a ton of ink to finish my arms out.

whenmunkysfly

scratch that...going 2jz
Jun 26, 2006
United States
so here are a few pictures for refrence

i want the supra just a little more angle in the opposite direction though and in drift

the face is kind of the way i want it to look but a little more covered by the hood or some torn cloth over his face and a slightly open mouth

the blue reaper is just for the style of body I want it to be a cut off body like that not a full standing body. a torn robe not a clean one i like the detail of it. also wanted him flying after the supra so a little angle him as well. with his scythe on his back

sorry if I'm sounding picky just trying to give a really good discription of how I picture it looking

p864823_1.jpg

whenmunkysfly

scratch that...going 2jz
Jun 26, 2006
United States
just thought I'd update with what I ended up with...

p892488_1.jpg

I'm very happy with it but not done yet, I still have two sittings to go with finishing some shading and then the color. I'm going to go with a blue color for the supra.

whenmunkysfly

scratch that...going 2jz
Jun 26, 2006
United States
AF1JZ;892513 said:
WOW is all I have to say. To each their own....

lol I ether get your response or people who like it lol

It's symbolic for me, in the work the supra symbolizes me never looking death in the face or ever being afraid of it

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Don't get me wrong, it is an awesome tattoo. It just isn't for me. Congrats on the fresh ink though. Now, go and get it finished :D

whenmunkysfly

scratch that...going 2jz
Jun 26, 2006
United States
AF1JZ;893364 said:
Don't get me wrong, it is an awesome tattoo. It just isn't for me. Congrats on the fresh ink though. Now, go and get it finished :D

oh yea I know what you meant no worries. thanks man and i just gotta get a certain someone *cough*MOM*cough* to give me my $500 back so I can go get it finished.

Oh and I forgot to add that what is shown here is 4 1/2 hours of work

whenmunkysfly

scratch that...going 2jz
Jun 26, 2006
United States
Dunckel;893617 said:
Indeed.
Hopefully you'll have it finished by the time we have the PacNW meet in April

Blue is WIN.

oh deffenitly lol I'm gonna go in again in two or three weeks and hopfully i can get it all done with that sitting.

yea I think so too lol i goes with the mk4 we have

whenmunkysfly

scratch that...going 2jz
Jun 26, 2006
United States
gsmokez;951440 said:
is it done yet? I was interested in seeing the end result

no I should be in soon but got really slow at work so been trying to catch up on bills but after this week i should be caught up so in the next few weeks I'm gonna finish(when they can get me in anyway)