Norcal: 88na Auto forsale

ma71supraturbo

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Redding, CA
www.geocities.com
Here's the story on this guy. I saw an add on Craigslist 2 months back for a Black Supra with a BHG. The previous owner had taken apart the intake piping, but pretty much stopped there. I picked it up figuring I could fix it over a weekend after finals were over and turn around and sell it.

Fast forward: Finals ended a couple days ago and I reassembled the car to start it (to make sure it didn't have a rod knock or smoke excessively before I pulled the head and fixed the BHG). The engine turns over, but won't start. I could probably invest some time to make it start & run, but while cranking it was emitting a fair amount of light blue smoke. It *might* be really bad valve seals, but I honestly think the bottom end needs to be rebuilt (has 175,000 miles on it).

I'm at college renting a house with no garage and really don't feel like pulling the engine. My housemates are also not enthused with the car staying here much longer... So I'd like to see this car go to a good home -- maybe someone who wants to do a 1jz project.

The car is 99.5% complete (missing the lower hatch interior panel) and the body & interior are in better than average shape. I'll get pictures tomorrow or Sunday. It has newer tires, alternator, a new battery, a recent "jdm" automatic etc.

If you wanted to fix it up and leave it 7mge, you are looking at replacing at least the following stuff:

Rebuilding engine or JDM
Replacing ISC hose
Replacing upper rear heater hose
Replacing upper EGR thingy (UFO looking thing with 2 small vacuum ports upon the side and one larger one below) -- one of the vacuum ports is broken
Replacing the BVSV (coolant sensor with 2 vacuum ports -- one of the vacuum ports is broken)
Replacing the ~45 degree angle intake hose that connects to the throttle body (currently has a sewer-hose on it?)
*possibly* replacing the fuel pump (it whines)

I'm looking to get what I put into it: $500 ($200 for the car, $200 for tow bill, and $100 for new battery & new hood lifts)

Car is located in Chico, CA -- about 1 mile off of the 99...

ma71supraturbo

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Redding, CA
www.geocities.com
Couple quick pics:

Front.jpg

passside.jpg

driversint.jpg

passint.jpg

backseat.jpg