NOOB

dangerous brain

Sep 17, 2006
UK
I am a recent addition to the 1JZ world comig from a fairly modded 2JZ. I would like to see the 475 BHP on my 1JZ that I had on my 2JZ. I figure I need to go single. WHat kit is available off the shelf for this conversion??
PS Its a JDM 91 MK3 supra and needs to have the full fuel setup from pump to injectors and a reliable known fuel controller.

DonS1mpson

Black Supramacist.
Mar 19, 2006
England!
I thought you were going 2JZ Brain? :icon_conf

The MTR 1JZGTE Basic Turbo Kit GT4088 looks pretty damn good for the price...

dangerous brain

Sep 17, 2006
UK
DonS1mpson said:
I thought you were going 2JZ Brain? :icon_conf

The MTR 1JZGTE Basic Turbo Kit GT4088 looks pretty damn good for the price...

The 2JZ swap route was my initial thought on power upgrade. That was before I realised that the 1JZ lump will handle the sort of power I'd like. I wouldn't in a million years have thought that any mark 3 engine could squeeze out circa 500 BHP. If I stick a single on the 1JZ engine and keep it tuned down until I figure out what I want to do gearbox wise (the stock mk3 auto box won't be happy with 500 BHP pushed through it). I'm also thinking that the basic parts of the kit will be transposable to a 2JZ should I decide to go that route later on, like an intercooler and fuel rail with injectors and the turbo itself so theres no harm in starting with singling the 1JZ route.

DonS1mpson

Black Supramacist.
Mar 19, 2006
England!
I'll go out on a limb here and say that you could probably push 500 at the crank with the stock twins on a 1J, with the right supporting mods.

It sounds like you are seriously under estimating the power of the MK3 - Both 7M's and 1JZ will make 500hp with ease (with the right mods).

dangerous brain

Sep 17, 2006
UK
MMM from what I have researched so far the stock twins are like eggshells and will let go big time if you boost them up. Remember I hadn't even heard of the 1JZ up until a couple of months ago and all I had ever heard (from mk4 drivers) was that the 7M blew head gaskets as often as I get up early enough for breakfast. I am finding myself quite misinformed about the mark 3.

csnow

Matthew 6:33
Apr 5, 2005
Palm Bay, FL
DonS1mpson said:
I'll go out on a limb here and say that you could probably push 500 at the crank with the stock twins on a 1J, with the right supporting mods.

Maybe with a 100 shot of spray. Otherwise, they are too small to push that much air.

Rudy@ManicTechRacing

"In Boost We Trust!"
Thank you guys for taking a look.. if you have any questions about any thing we carry please LMK.
we have just finished up the whole kits including oil lines, fittings, intake filter, intake pipe, new OEM toyota manifold bolts and nuts. in other words a whole kit. and any precision turbo or garrett that you will like to run.

dangerous brain

Sep 17, 2006
UK
Rudy@ManicTechRacing said:
Thank you guys for taking a look.. if you have any questions about any thing we carry please LMK.
we have just finished up the whole kits including oil lines, fittings, intake filter, intake pipe, new OEM toyota manifold bolts and nuts. in other words a whole kit. and any precision turbo or garrett that you will like to run.

So all in with a turbo no bigger than a 61 what sort of money are we talking about with absolutely everything I need.

Rudy@ManicTechRacing

"In Boost We Trust!"
dangerous brain said:
So all in with a turbo no bigger than a 61 what sort of money are we talking about with absolutely everything I need.
I would think a GT4082 with a .68 A/R would be great for your application.
The turbo is able to make appx 600hp with good spool and a kit with that will cost $3416.54
or a PT61 $3487.64 + $300.00 for ball bearing version turbo is rated to 680hp
includes polished compressor housing, intake pipe and ceramic coating.
this is what a kit will consist of (FYI this kit was modified for fittment in a SC300 but its pretty much what you get).....
yhst-63817110493093_1917_81657

Last edited:

dangerous brain

Sep 17, 2006
UK
Ah right now what I am seeing here is a turbo and the parts to bolt it on. I think I should be a bit clearer. My car isn't far off stock so I'll be needing a total fuel solution as well right from the pump to the injectors and a way of operating said fuel system injectors especially. So what I am in effect asking for is a complete kit price for the fuel solution and the turbo and actually an exaust to match.

Rudy@ManicTechRacing

"In Boost We Trust!"
dangerous brain said:
Ah right now what I am seeing here is a turbo and the parts to bolt it on. I think I should be a bit clearer. My car isn't far off stock so I'll be needing a total fuel solution as well right from the pump to the injectors and a way of operating said fuel system injectors especially. So what I am in effect asking for is a complete kit price for the fuel solution and the turbo and actually an exaust to match.

AHHH.. sorry about that, well the only other things you will need would be this.... which is $794.88 + some lines and fittings with the 65LB injectors
yhst-63817110493093_1915_113943

Rudy@ManicTechRacing

"In Boost We Trust!"
and a intercooler kit
$950.00

yhst-63817110493093_1913_8632440

other than that some kind of fuel controller like a AFC, emanage or a stand alone. from appx $300 to $2000+ depending on the system you would like to run.

intercooler kit................$950.00
fuel system.................+$794.88
Tanabe exhaust...........+$480.00 (quiet exhaust) Super Medalion Hyper
turbo kit.....................+$3416.54
total..........................$5641.42