noob buildup/paint 56k killer

amramsey

Sep 13, 2006
Houston
www.myspace.com
Alright i have like no posts, but I figured my first should be a good one, so here it goes. My car is a 88 N/A that started out white, I then threw a quick black rattle can on it, but it came out looking like crap so I figured I would take it down and do it right. My buddy and I built a home made paint booth in my garage using some old sheets and tarps which will be updated to plastic so stayed tuned right there. Here are some pictures tell me what you think

p455742_1.jpg

p455742_2.jpg

p455742_3.jpg

p455742_4.jpg

p455742_5.jpg

p455742_6.jpg

p455742_7.jpg

p455742_8.jpg

p455742_9.jpg

p455742_10.jpg

p455742_11.jpg

p455742_12.jpg

p455742_13.jpg

p455742_14.jpg

p455742_15.jpg

p455742_16.jpg

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
it's called saving money... it actually works if you know what you're doing ;)

looks like good work btw

you have any issues w/ dust or anything in the primer?

amramsey

Sep 13, 2006
Houston
www.myspace.com
89jdm7m said:

looks like good work btw

yes most defently saving money build on a tight budget haha. ya i had a little issue with some dust but the main thing was a few bugs got into the primer. but we laid it down really think so we could just sand it down and get it ready for paint. the primer did bubble in some spots, there was a little grease left on it i guess so i need to bring it back down again and go over it one more time but other than that it came out pretty good

amramsey

Sep 13, 2006
Houston
www.myspace.com
well my buddy that is helping me works as a body man for BMW so he knows his shit because i dont really know the first thing about body work but i guess this is how u learn

Last edited:

amramsey

Sep 13, 2006
Houston
www.myspace.com
T-Roy said:
im diggin the gold sawblades foshooo:bling:

ya 2 of them the paint didnt stick those are on the passenger side but the 2 on the driver side came out good. but those wheels hopefully wont be on there to long i want to get something with a better offset that will fill the wheel well

amramsey

Sep 13, 2006
Houston
www.myspace.com
x87SUPRA87x said:
hey, looking good, my car was painted in a garage too.:icon_bigg

did you have a bad problem with overspray all over the place cause i sure as hell am those blankets didnt do a whole lot but they did save my triumph from getting to much shit on it

JesseH

Nov 12, 2005
Englewood, Ohio, United States
amramsey said:
did you have a bad problem with overspray all over the place cause i sure as hell am those blankets didnt do a whole lot but they did save my triumph from getting to much shit on it
It wasn't painted in my garage, but the guy who did the painting for me alread had shit all over the walls, and had nothing else in there except a BHG 7m so he let the overspray go everywhere, and he sealed his door with that poly spray lol. Maybe you should try some of that plastic visqueen, it should work better than blankets.

Superjustin13

Supra teacher 101
Apr 4, 2005
Idaho
89jdm7m said:

looks like good work btw

eh.

but Actually Primer is NOT spraypaint.

but..

oookkk

Superjustin13

Supra teacher 101
Apr 4, 2005
Idaho
GotToyota? said:
As Justin would say, if you try to save money, you're a cheap ass. :|

LOL.

No, Doing the prep work and shit yourself is a good idea to save money.

But, Spraypaint isnt ACTUALLY Primer.

Regardless if the can says PRIMER, its not the same Type of primer, OR Quality of primer as ACTUAL Primer is

The paint might stick to it, but for how long?

Idk, I' Always do shit the Correct way. and i Guess i bash on people to much?

Sorry I guess, that i like Doing it the first time the CORRECT way Pay the first time, Do it right. Not paying down the road later on because you ghetto Rigged it the first time. end up paying more in the long run.. if you dont do it the RIGHT way first.

Sorry for this Thread killer

goodluck and keep posting pic's

amramsey

Sep 13, 2006
Houston
www.myspace.com
its all good i like hearing feed back so no offence taking for the thread killer or anyhitng. i was going to try to get some more work done last night on it but i was way to humid outside to do aynthing.

on another note does anyone here have a roll cage, if so what kind and what point and all that good stuff im going to be getting one i just dont know what yet i know it needs to pass SCCA specs and im looking for something through dash maybe like an autopower or something