non head gasket, gasket questions

my7mgteluvsme

Apr 11, 2008
NY
where is the best place to get good quality gasket kit for the 7mgte? toyota the only option? i see felpro has a head gasket kit but do they offer a full kit and is it any good? i see titan has Intake and exhaust gaskets at 10$ each or so.. what about lower gaskets freeze plugs cam and crank seals ect. im looking for feedback on quality of parts and who has deals.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
fel pro is good.

get toyota freeze plugs. some of the aftermarket can be a little too small.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
freeze plugs are always extra.

dorman makes a freeze plug kit, or you can go to napaonline.com, rockauto.com

i got my gakset kit from parts dinosaur.com, it cost me like $85shipped.. the headgasket was total garbage, but i bought an HKS one anyways... so i didnt care about that. The only leak i had was from nicking the rear main seal when i put it in! haha

felpro will be a "higher quality"... but i couldnt justify spending $300 on a set of gaskets from them...

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
hvyman;1262346 said:
fel pro is good.

get toyota freeze plugs. some of the aftermarket can be a little too small.

just pay attention to the size. there not 40mm, there 40.2mm... and that .2 will be the difference of sealing for blowing out.

if you've never installed freeze plugs before, have a GOOD reputable machine shop do it.

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
Yes, if you don't have those placed in correctly, and you have one blow out. You better be able to see that temp gauge rise like hell, very fast.

slowpra na-t

Permanently Banned
Oct 16, 2008
murrieta ca
Rennat;1262349 said:
just pay attention to the size. there not 40mm, there 40.2mm... and that .2 will be the difference of sealing for blowing out.

if you've never installed freeze plugs before, have a GOOD reputable machine shop do it.

im getting freeze plugs installed on my new motor tomorrow i better make sure there 40.2mm!!! i dont want no problems.

935motorsports has a lot of gasket kits. i used the cheap ones off ebay and got a fel pro rear main seal and oil pan gasket, and i didnt use the head gasket of course. the gaskets worked well im going to use them again on my new engine.

strippedsup87

Feb 25, 2009
Murrieta ca
slowpra na-t;1262419 said:
im getting freeze plugs installed on my new motor tomorrow i better make sure there 40.2mm!!! i dont want no problems.

935motorsports has a lot of gasket kits. i used the cheap ones off ebay and got a fel pro rear main seal and oil pan gasket, and i didnt use the head gasket of course. the gaskets worked well im going to use them again on my new engine.

True that!!! Hopefully he got the 40.2 ones.....I guess well see tomorrow.....lol

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
I will only use Toyota freeze plugs. My experience with Dorman plugs was not good.

sneakypete

Jul 18, 2007
Central NJ
ive tried Stone and Fel-pro myself. nothing compared to the toyota engine gasket set i got for my last build. it included every gasket and seal needed... and the quality was 100x better.

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
I would disagree, i think the Stone gasket set exceeds the felpro. Its more affordable and comes with WHAT YOU NEED, and in good quality. Felpro throws in a bunch of random gaskets that you will never be able to find a place for.