Non Flouler mod?

alacran1

Dec 24, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Can this be done although our cars have the flanged type o2 sensor?

I been having a code 27 code the longest and it bothers me. I removed the cats because they were bad. Im leaving it like that because i aint wasting couple hundred dollars on something that i dont need.

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
A code 27 indicates the there is an open or short in the sub-oxygen sensor. Did you plug the second oxygen sensor back in after you removed the cats(which really should be there in a population dense area like LA)?

A non-fouler mod will not get rid of a code 27.

alacran1

Dec 24, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
I have no idea if it is actually hooked up. Its plugged in and its covered by soot. Where can i check for the connection to see if its actually plugged in? The wire goes through the bottom and up somewhere.

I meant to say i only removed ONE cat. The cat right after the exhaust manifold is still there. I got the one underneath taken out.

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
To be honest, having not owned a Cali spec 7MGE, I cant tell you for sure where it is located. Some people say the connection is under the driver side seat. But I don't know for certain.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
alacran1;1929656 said:
I have no idea if it is actually hooked up. Its plugged in and its covered by soot. Where can i check for the connection to see if its actually plugged in? The wire goes through the bottom and up somewhere.

I meant to say i only removed ONE cat. The cat right after the exhaust manifold is still there. I got the one underneath taken out.

So you removed the cat that doesn't get clogged and kept the one that does...

Regardless, it's easy to trick the second O2 sensor, but it's illegal to do so, so I won't spread that knowledge.

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
Poodles;1930207 said:
So you removed the cat that doesn't get clogged and kept the one that does...

Regardless, it's easy to trick the second O2 sensor, but it's illegal to do so, so I won't spread that knowledge.

When I removed my cats, both of them seemed to be exactly the same. Maybe it's the fact that the first cat is first, so it gets clogged up with all the crap that the second one WOULD have been clogged up with.. But that stuff is in the first cat.. Make sense? haha