Noise Pollution

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
What do you guys do when you can hear music close enough that the booming bass reaches your house and you can't concentrate?
I walk outside, and it is so loud and far away that I don't know where it is coming from. It doesn't shake the light fixtures or anything, but I can hear it and it is driving me nuts!
It happens more and more lately. I think it is either a residence, or kids in a car that drive over, and stay over.

Skam9685

1992 Honda Prelude SI
Jun 22, 2007
Oldsmar, Florida, United States
Big Wang Bandit said:
Car = annoying

But if its froma house, let it slide, It could be a party. As long as it isnt 3 am,

I never let it slide especially since I have to sleep during the day since I work overnights. They have to take into consideration of other people.

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
Skam9685 said:
I never let it slide especially since I have to sleep during the day since I work overnights. They have to take into consideration of other people.

Im in the same boat, sleeping in the day and have some kids around that have loud cars. They like to just park in front of their house and blast the music. Usually, they dont last for more than 30 minutes then move on. If it was to go on longer/more often Id have to call in the pigs. TylenolPM can only do so much for me but I try not to let stuff like that bug me, I know I dont want people calling cops for my loud car/bike so...

It sucks you cant even see Who it is, maybe drive around and see if you can spot them and ask them to turn it down a bit?

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
I went outside to just stand there and listen for a minute.. I can tell a general direction, but it could be from a block or two over. It doesn't help that it will be on for awhile, then off for a minute.

Party or not, they did it last night until at least 9pm, and now it's on again, and has been for an hour. I noticed it last night before I started playing games, with a little sound [enough to drown it out in my room] and by 9pm it was still going.

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
I stop being very loud around 930, then quiet it all down out of respect. but if shit is coming from blocks away, thats annoying for everyone. If your neighbor has a pool party going on untill 10PM are you gonna go cry to the cops or suck it up for a few hours?

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
I was thinking about setting up a 100+ dB speaker hooked up to a walkie-talkie or two [for remote activation] of some sort near their house.

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
Just call the cops then. Or when you hear it drive around and ask them to turn it down. If that doesn't work then call then cops.