no turbine spin!?

Sep 11, 2007
terrace b.c.
good news:stage 4 60-1 boss series turbo arrives today
bad news: there is no shaft spin whatsoever. is this because it's new or did i get a bad turbo from suprasport.com? i looked for packing material in the turbne areas but nothing it just won't spin!

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
Its one of 3 things, with the turbo not being on the car yet:

1.)The turbo is a carbon seal turbo
2.)The turbo still has assembly grease inside
3.)The turbo is assembled wrong (highly doubtful)

Sep 11, 2007
terrace b.c.
turbine wheel too big for exhaust housing is the problem. i took the exhaust housing off and it spins no problem, put it back on, nothing. sending it back to get honed.

HommerSimpson

Dec 31, 2007
New Smyrna Beach Florida
eternalboost;1052286 said:
turbine wheel too big for exhaust housing is the problem. i took the exhaust housing off and it spins no problem, put it back on, nothing. sending it back to get honed.

I would think you might want a WHOLE NEW one.. as to no telling what it might have bent...crushed.... damaged on inside...

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
HommerSimpson;1052293 said:
I would think you might want a WHOLE NEW one.. as to no telling what it might have bent...crushed.... damaged on inside...

+1 on that. if it COULD NOT spin at all, ask for a whole new turbo, or at least a new exhaust wheel. Because all that means is that there was direct contact with the housing which isnt good for the blades.

take some pics and post em up. but either way i hope it gets resolved the right way.