No start

dvang

Aug 8, 2010
st. paul
After a long trip yesterday my taillight decided to turn off and only turn on when I press on the brakes. My right turn signal turns on when I hit the brakes but instead of flashing it just stays on with the rest of the taillight. And then this morning I was able to start the car and move it but now there no crank and whenever I try to start it all the light (dash interior radio clock etc) dies or dims. Would any of you guys have experience from this

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
dvang;2040097 said:
After a long trip yesterday my taillight decided to turn off and only turn on when I press on the brakes. My right turn signal turns on when I hit the brakes but instead of flashing it just stays on with the rest of the taillight. And then this morning I was able to start the car and move it but now there no crank and whenever I try to start it all the light (dash interior radio clock etc) dies or dims. Would any of you guys have experience from this

So you get the right flasher when you step on the brake, and the brake when you turn on the right taillight. The first thing you can do is check the electrical source which is the battery, cables, ground, and alternator. This will help narrow down why the battery is discharged.

supranewbie

Mar 23, 2011
46°47.0'N 120°09.0'W
Like Nick said, something is killing your battery. The light issue might help you find the short, or drain. Start at the battery cause that's...well, that's where it starts. Anytime you have electrical issues it's a good idea to check your grounds. A majority of electrical issues are ground related.