No start (insane flooding) after 550's, AFPR and Walbro

Mikael_7m

Built 7M
Apr 26, 2009
Australia
Having a real hard time working this out! Hoping you guys can point me in the right direction.

Installed the 550's (precision injectors), Adjustable FPR and a Walbro 255. Dropped in the 550cc chip for the HKS FCON. Adjusted the base fuel pressure as per TSRM at 35 psi. Cranked it and it ran for a max of one second. Tried again and it did not run at all, just kept cranking.
Tried again and it just made a horrible knock sort of noise. Flooded it so bad that it hydro locked the motor. Looked underneath the car and there was fuel all over the floor leaking out of the downpipe flange. Cylinders where full up to the spark plugs with fuel!

Pulled all the spark plugs out and sucked fuel out of cylinders. Drained the oil as it was mixed so badly of fuel. Refilled with fresh oil.

Ran it without the EFI fuse to get as much fuel out as possible and then dialed the fuel pressure down to around 25 psi and tried again. Same deal, flooded quite a bit again, lots of fuel out of downpipe, but none in cylinders as I was making sure I didn't crank it for so long, and pulling EFI fuse in between cranks.

What the hell can be causing this? I've double checked almost everything!

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Did you drill out, or remove the J-tube?
I cant imagine though, that it would cause such massive flooding.
Are the injectors new or used? Almost sounds like the injectors are stuck open.

Mikael_7m

Built 7M
Apr 26, 2009
Australia
supraguy@aol;1955221 said:
Did you drill out, or remove the J-tube?
I cant imagine though, that it would cause such massive flooding.
Are the injectors new or used? Almost sounds like the injectors are stuck open.

Bypassed the J-Tube, they're new Precision Injectors. I'm so lost right now. Also hope I did not damage the motor by hydro lock :(

suprra_girl

7M POWAH! ;)
Mar 30, 2005
Auckland, New Zealand
www.supra.co.nz
zomg that's pretty crazy lol

Something gone whack with the stock ecu or fcon and is turning injectors on all the time?

Try just jumping the fuel pump at the diagnostic connector and see if your injectors are for some reason leaking?

Get a pulse tester for the injectors and see if they are firing normally or staying on.

(i'm not up on the play of high and low impedance injectors but did you check to make sure that if you have high's disable resister pack)

The second time are you saying fuel was coming out of your downpipe but there was none in your cylinders? Did you mean as in wet fuel or smoke fuel? If you mean wet i'm confused :p How would it be only in downpipe and not cylinders where it originates from lol, it is however getting late where I am so I will just blame it on that for the confusion heh

Mikael_7m

Built 7M
Apr 26, 2009
Australia
I've checked for leaks by running the pump through the diagnostic block as well. No leaks.
Yeah I dunno either, fuel was dripping out of the downpipe but when I pulled a spark plug there wasn't a pool of fuel like the first time. Must have pushed out on the exhaust cycle...?

Will look into buying the injector test tester
I'm so very depressed right now. Don't think I can sleep!

Mikael_7m

Built 7M
Apr 26, 2009
Australia
UPDATE: After much head scratching and severe loss of sleep, I decided to remove the HKS FCON from the equation. Car started right up!

Makes me wonder why the hell the HKS ecu stopped working as i've been using for a year or so... maybe I damaged it installing the 550 chip or maybe the chip was faulty...?

Mikael_7m

Built 7M
Apr 26, 2009
Australia
suprra_girl;1955697 said:
Oooh did you install the chip backwards? I remember when I first got mine that everyone was on my case not to screw up installing the chip backwards lol.

Does installing the chip backwards damage the ecu? I installed it one way, car didn't run, so I tried it the other way lol