No start + ghost codes, then code 11, then all clear??

turbo87targa

Nov 10, 2006
colorado springs
Well after about 30 minutes of highway driving I got to my friends house, shut my car off and played some beerpong. About 3 hours later I go to leave and all I get is cranking and sputtering like it's juuust about to start but never fired up. After 4 or 5 failed starts I checked codes, I saw 3 codes (which i don't remember any exept a 31)

At a loss for what to do I reset the ecu for the hell of it and checked codes again, got "all clear" till I tried to crank it, then popped 11. Gave it 2 more cranks and it fired up like it was fine. Drove all the way home and sat for 3 more hours and fired up again like normal.

Anyone ever had something like this? I'm kinda lost as to what I should do... Still safe to drive?

turbo87targa

Nov 10, 2006
colorado springs
ForcedTorque;1566832 said:
Maybe beer pong had an effect on the code reading?

Lol no no, when those codes showed my friend was in the car. Diag wasn't jumpered right so I wiggled it while he watched the cel, when I looked in all I saw was 31, I then reset the ecu cause I wanted to make sure it wasn't a fluke. I drove the car a bit today and havnt seen a code, I'm going to check in diag again later tonight, but for now it's acting like nothing happened, running strong.

I can't remember the brand air filter but am a bit ashamed to say it was the top of the line....at autozone :(
how would that cause what happened tho?

turbo87targa

Nov 10, 2006
colorado springs
Well car ran great the past few days and this morning, but we just had a rainstorm come throgh about 20 minutes ago and now I have code 11 again, motor still wants to turn over and even gets a revolution or two but the tach doesn't even jump. Seems like rain is causing a short somewhere because it rained both times right before I got the code....but I wash my car every week with no problem. Any ideas?

Still wondering about the air filter problem Mkiiichip mentioned