No spark on cylinders 2 and 5, code 14

arknotts

formerly ark86
Jan 9, 2008
Ohio
I just finished building my engine and I'm not getting spark on cylinders 2 and 5. It fires for a second and then the ECU shuts it down because of the code 14 (not getting IGF signal from those cylinders). Here is what I have checked so far:

• IGF wire good between igniter and ECU (hence I think it's getting IGF for the other cylinders)
  • Swapped coils (I have IS300 coils) with another cylinder pair, problem DIDN'T follow the coil. So, it's not the coils.
  • Checked wiring between igniter and coils...good

I'm starting to run out of ideas, other than the fact it may be a bad igniter. However it worked great before I pulled it for a rebuild. Any other ideas? Thanks!

arknotts

formerly ark86
Jan 9, 2008
Ohio
CyFi6;1863514 said:
Are your plug gaps set correctly? Try inspecting the plugs and swapping their position/trying a different set you may have.

Plugs are gapped at .028 since I plan to boost it quite a bit. I checked plugs 2 and 5 and they looked good. I'll try swapping anyway.

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
Make sure the wires are all plugged in 100% and are contacting properly. Since 2/5 plugs are in series, any break or short in the connections for either of those plugs will cause neither cylinder to fire. Have you confirmed that the 2/5 coilpack is getting power at the coilpack connector?

arknotts

formerly ark86
Jan 9, 2008
Ohio
Fixed it! It was loose wiring that "fixed" itself conveniently when I was testing continuity :: angry ::. Only when I plugged it in did it pull out of the connector. All good! Thanks for the ideas though.