no sound out of speakers!!!!!

mk3tattoos

Apr 12, 2008
Bremerton, Wa
1990 supra-i just got a new cd player and i hooked everything up, but there is no music coming out of the speakers. am i missing something, mabey i have to hook up wires that go to the amp under the passanger seat to power it or something???

Last edited:

SC61 MK3

Apr 4, 2005
FL
You know there is an amp for sure? you might have to wire from the head unit to the output of the amp to tap into each speaker or go from the head unit directly to each speaker bypassing the amp with your own spoeaker wire. If you don't have a multi meter to test for each speaker you can use a small battery and "pop" the speaker by touching the + and - of the speaker wire to the + and - of the battery. I would check online to get the wire colors of the speakers first just to be safe

mk3tattoos

Apr 12, 2008
Bremerton, Wa
thanks for the help, i know there is an amp for sure, and i also know which color goes to each speaker. i was hoping to not have to wire up each speaker:( i will try and use the wires by the amp and see what happends.....

SC61 MK3

Apr 4, 2005
FL
If you want to do it right (well the best way) run a new wire directly to each speaker rather than use the 20+ year old wire and connectors

mk3tattoos

Apr 12, 2008
Bremerton, Wa
ya there was an amp under the seat and it was not getting power and then cutting off my signal to each speaker, i took out the amp and cut the plugs off and ran them together to bypass the amp.

i know get sound out of the speakers!!!! woot, woot....

left front-white and blue
right front-green and light green
right rear- gray and red
left rear- yellow and black