No power

JD7Monster

Jul 6, 2005
Orlando, FL
I'm tryin to help out the guy who bought my car..

He said after swapping over to a new battery the car was fine.
The next morning the car has NO power
nothing..
He says the terminals are new, the battery tested perfect, and everything is grounded fine.
I was thinking it could be a main relay or a solenoid.
He said the car does not have one? any clue?

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
In the fuse box in the engine compartment, there are some fuses of high amperage. one of those could be out. I believe the one labelled 100A is directly related to ACC power.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
tell him to re-check all the connections. i'm willing to bet he overlooked something.

-shaeff

S

Slow Poopra 7MGTE

ontop of the high amp fuses our car has 2 relays that are "circuit breakers", there silver and have a hole in them, there under the dash, you pull the relay out put a pin in the whole, if it clicks that means it was tripped. i did this to my car before, check that out

Chewmasey

Sep 12, 2005
winnipeg
Could try checking the chassis ground, I noticed after a few years the guy I bought the car off of put on a nut that didnt fit so it was loose at the block itself and wouldnt hold a charge after a few years, took me a new alternator and 2 new batteries and a swap to figure it out.

Wayne

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Slow Poopra 7MGTE said:
ontop of the high amp fuses our car has 2 relays that are "circuit breakers", there silver and have a hole in them, there under the dash, you pull the relay out put a pin in the whole, if it clicks that means it was tripped. i did this to my car before, check that out

good call, i forgot about that. i was having battery problems last week, and one of those popped, and i had NO power in the car whatsoever. check that!

-shaeff