no more heavy azz seats for me

jsnowman76

In need of another supra
Oct 17, 2006
Elk grove, CA
has any one bolted in a new set of seats that really work out in the mk3? I have spent the last two weeks looking for a new set of seats and have no idea what would fit. pics and prices/brands would be great.

jsnowman76

In need of another supra
Oct 17, 2006
Elk grove, CA
what all did you need to adapt those to the mk3 ? did you have bolt it into different holes or were you able to use the stock mounting brackets on them?
price? where from? thanks again for the help.

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
upgradedsupra said:
Recaro has a nice seat if you want real comfort other than staying OEM but the price comes with it. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Duane
yea, I sat in the sportsters or wahtever (their new seat) at sema.. omg they are comfortable... but a price tag of liek 1400 a seat... almost worth it thought, they are comfortable!

JB91389

decisions...decisions...
Jun 22, 2006
Ottawa
I used to stock bracket so mine alligned up. This winter I'll make a custom bracket cuase the seats sit to high.

I would like to get a set of the OEM Recaro's

supraman7mgte

Shut up,bitch!!
Apr 1, 2005
Sunny California
you might need to use some of the OG seat hardare. i had to remove the front mounts from the bracket and weld them onto a new one i fabbed up. just gotta make sure they line up with your gauges and are not off to either side.

ViR2

Supraniac
May 20, 2006
Lithuania
www.hpaddict.eu
Why not use some aftermarket Bride or Sparco bucket seat? There are no bolt'ons except OEM Recaro, but if u got skills it's no trouble to adopt any seat u want ;)

927mgtepat

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Brighton, MI
Here are the seats im using.

momoseatsng8.jpg

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
forza here. was the only seat i could find that was big enough for me. i had sat in several and the supports either jabbed me in the back of the shoulders or in the kidneys or both.

i had considered the stock recaro seats but they sit up way too much for me. my head is on the roof with the stock seats. sean had mod'd the stock brackets and adapted to my seat to make it bolt in. also sat the seat down quite a bit lower for more headroom. im happy how it turned out. only problem at all is the shoulder support just barely touches the door panel. could have moved the seat over a little but it wouldnt have sat in there the way i wanted. i was fine w/ that small compromise.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
well i found whe i replace my seat's it up set the handling of my car cause of alot of weight be take out in one inportain spot you can work it out thou with spetion and such thou

i find oem or race bucket if you intend to race alot

JB91389

decisions...decisions...
Jun 22, 2006
Ottawa
^^ Those are sweet seats, its just that they are really hard to find in good condition

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
87 Silver Sniper said:
^^ Those are sweet seats, its just that they are really hard to find in good condition

theyre hard to find altogether. i dont think ive seen a complete set yet.