No more Celica?!?!?

macsupra76

May 17, 2005
Calgary AB
Whats this? no more Celica? Just heard today! ( a little slow I know).
Whats going on with Toyota? looks like they totaly turned down the sports car sector?
Discuss:nono:

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
old news man, they gave up on the younger market a while ago, solara is the best your gonna get.

seriously, would you have payed that much for a new mr2 or celica, i wouldnt, thats why they got ditched.

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
americanjebus said:
old news man, they gave up on the younger market a while ago, solara is the best your gonna get.

seriously, would you have payed that much for a new mr2 or celica, i wouldnt, thats why they got ditched.
new mr2 didnt cost that much and it was a steal at that price.

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
Unfortunately..

The Ceilca has such a long history line and heritige I KNOW Toyota wont have it dropped from their lineup for long. They have the name and they WILL cash in on it soon enough. Just wait and see.

macsupra76

May 17, 2005
Calgary AB
Setting of some fire works.::fundy::

Correctly if I'm wrong, "Sion tc the new celica"? isnt that scion on the echo frame?

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
HellsLegion said:
Unfortunately..

The Ceilca has such a long history line and heritige I KNOW Toyota wont have it dropped from their lineup for long. They have the name and they WILL cash in on it soon enough. Just wait and see.

I doubt it. Toyota's never brought back a name they killed before, don't see them starting now.

As far as the tC being the same chassis as the Yaris, nope, that's the xA, IIRC.

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
Well its a shame toyota successfully killed every car worth a damn sports wise, MR2 turbo (I don't count the MRS its ugly and lame), Celica, and the almighty Supra. The scions are all ugly and marketed to ricers not real enthusiasts or sports car drivers. Toyota I guess doesn't understand your company can be successful and make money on having all kinds of vehicles, I am not a big GM fan but they have the vette, had the camaro, have sedans, trucks, SUV's, wins on sunday = sales on monday, thats an old expression that reigns true. We don't need a company with a different name for every type of car, next they will end SUV production and start a company called godzilla that only builds SUV's and so on. TOYOTA WAKE THE HELL UP, BUILD A DECENT SPORT COMPACT AND BRING BACK A TURBOCHJARGED SPORTS CAR AND CALL IT SUPRA!!!!!!!!

Phantom

Dec 9, 2005
Los Angeles
Yeah, the Celica had stopped coming to the States back in 2005 and in 2006 the production was just ended. The Toyota MR2 Spyder also was ended in production.

The Celica did pretty good in sales for the first few years, but after models from other manufacturers such as Acura with their RSX became competition on the Sport Compact market and the sales decreased dramatically.

Yeah, the Scion tC is suppose to be the new Celica as the replacement. Whether it is related mechanically in some way or not, I guess it is suppose to be the new car that is directed toward the early aged car audience that the Celica was directed towards (well, the last model anyways).

Yeah, the company doesn't really make sports car anymore.

There is news though about the Supra coming back and it is going to be similar to the SC430 like the car's engine. One thing for sure it is not going to be much of a cheap price. I think it is due out in a few years.

Jun 6, 2006
Amerika
www.dreamertheresa.com
Jeff Lange said:
MR2 Spyder = not ugly or lame. You lie. :p

Word up, bitches.

woot.jpg

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
dreamer thersea, who is that chick? shes hot as hell, I'd totally hit that, Yall wanna supra say hit that. LOL Car is ok but 2nd gen turbo is better, wouldn't mind seeing the chick with her targa off and twin turbos exposed lol