no im not plannin on stealing the supra

aznboik1mva

Aug 20, 2009
Manchester,Ct
Next week im goin 2 go pick up a 91 supra turbo. the sad thing about the car is that the guy has no paperwork and lost the keys. his plans for the car was to use as a race car. but now he jus wants to make his money back. anyways i was wondering can i hotwire the car jus to make sure the motor is fine, and what can i do to get the steering wheel unlocked so i can load the car up?

aznboik1mva

Aug 20, 2009
Manchester,Ct
well my bro jus bought a 90 which needs a little work so im thinkin i can jus steal it from that. im prob jus gunna part out the car, the only thing is idk what to do with the shell, anybody intersted its a 91

MINA

Jan 19, 2010
sacramento
get a key made for the door it usally runs around $40...if you can get me the vin we can see when the last time it was reg"d and were to be a bit more safe...

lewis15498

Don't blame ebay cheapass
Sep 28, 2008
Raynham, Massachusetts, United States
aznboik1mva;1508455 said:
can i hotwire the car jus to make sure the motor is fine, and what can i do to get the steering wheel unlocked so i can load the car up?

Yes you can hotwire it to see if it runs. No I'm not telling you how, but it can be done without damaging anything, looking at the TEWD should clue you in as to what circuits need to be closed. As for getting past the steering lock, no one is going to tell you how to do that either. The driver of the flatbed would be able to pick it up no matter how the wheels are turned. they pick up crashed cars with broken tie rods and missing wheels all the time.

This sounds like a sketchy situation. As others have said, I would be checking the vin to ensure that its not stolen. Have him write you a bill of sale, and request his drivers license for good measure. Take down all his info including his license number. This will help you out if you find yourself in a ownership predicament with the cops.

Last edited:

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
I'd say you check to see 1st to cover your case. To see if the car is a stolen car or anything that can put you in deep trouble. I'd pick up a nice shell but w.o paper work..there is really no point.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Low price + no title + no keys = VERY FISHY

If it's found to be stolen the cops will take and you're out of the money...

Reiketsukan

Jack of All Trades
Apr 13, 2009
United States
Better yet, do a bit a research and find the phone number for the Sheriff's Office for the county that the seller lives in, contact the detective in charge of motor vehicle theft, and ask him to run the VIN for you. I've done this a few times and if you're polite and patient, they'll help you with no problems. It actually paid off once... helped put one guy behind bars!!

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Depending on your state, it may be old enough to not need a title anymore.

Part that car out and the SM mafia will be coming for you! Either that , or we will just call you 92Teal every time we see you post.:evil2:

BTW, if you part it, I want that rear bumper.