No heat after coolant flush..?

slowma70

May 23, 2011
Orlando,FL
Hey guys i just did a coolant flush to my 7m-ge and i have no heat. I have raised the front of the car as high as i can with the radiator cap off and left it idle for more than 20 min with the heater on blast and still no heat(did this twice). The heater valve opens as it should and the two hoses on the passenger side are hot but the hose by the brake booster is cold. The heat was working before so any tips on whats making this happen?

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
DIsconnect the heater hose at the back of the head; the end where it goes into the firewall valve.
See if it's got coolant in it, or if you can add some at that point.

slowma70

May 23, 2011
Orlando,FL
It could be that it has some debris but i doubt it. Yes the hoses that connect to the valve has coolant and gets very hot.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
chris_u_diaz;1918222 said:
Yes the hoses that connect to the valve has coolant and gets very hot.

And the other hose? The one entering the firewall alongside the brake booster? Feel that one.

slowma70

May 23, 2011
Orlando,FL
supraguy@aol;1918288 said:
And the other hose? The one entering the firewall alongside the brake booster? Feel that one.

The hose by the brake booster is cold. This is the return line right?

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
Be careful, you most likely have a huge air pocket in the heater. This happened to me and I drove off without realizing, as soon as the air pocket released itself it left a huge amount of air in the engine, cause me to overheat rapidly and ended up causing a BHG. You may need to disconnect the return cold line and add some more coolant to the radiator to help fill up the heater core. Make sure your heat is on full blast in the car to ensure that the valve is open. Make sure the arm on the heater valve is in the up position.

8T7supra

Jan 6, 2007
New York
to rule out the heater core being blocked you can disconnect the feed and return and use a hose to see if water will flow through it. I would do this after the car has been off for a while.

slowma70

May 23, 2011
Orlando,FL
Well i got a lil bit of heat now after i disconnected the hose by the brake booster and poured coolant through the radiator. Its still not perfect but ill probably order the Lisle spill free funnel and see if it works to take out air bubbles.