No Groove on OBX Crank Pulley for Timing??

supra_89_vang

Dec 29, 2005
madison
I purchase a OBX crank pulley and it doesn't have a groove like the stock crank pulley for aligning the crank and cams. How do I go about fixing this problem? Can I line up the key slot of the two pullies and mark the OBX where the grove should be?

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
Use the OBX as a paper weight and put stock crank pulley back on.
Seriously, The OBX has no harmonic dampening ability.

HommerSimpson

Dec 31, 2007
New Smyrna Beach Florida
Well i gota agree with him put stock back on... You need a HARMONIC balancer not a PULLEY

but if you have to use it.. you need to drop screw driver down #1 watch it till it moves up and stops.. the very .000000001 sec it stops mark pully with pencial.. then keep turning in same direction for about 1/4 inch it will be ruffly and as soon as it starts to move again mark pully again... the middle of those to marks will get you to very top dead center as you can with head on. :} imho

supra_89_vang

Dec 29, 2005
madison
Are you guys saying that the OBX crank pulley is no good and it's better to use the stock crank pulley? If so, what is a crank pulley that I can replace the stock one with?

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
supra_89_vang;976142 said:
Are you guys saying that the OBX crank pulley is no good and it's better to use the stock crank pulley? If so, what is a crank pulley that I can replace the stock one with?

OBX FLMFL......same with the cam gears....ask me how i know...:3d_frown:

Do yourself a favor and just keep the stocker.

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
starscream5000;976275 said:
^I wouldn't even do that. You know how old, hard, and dry-rotted that stock dampner is??

true. but he's already out the money for the OBX....like most of us, im sure he was on a budget

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
"Performance Engine Destroyer" is more like it. ;) There's a reason it's so cheap. This is a classic example of getting what you paid for.