No Fuel Pressure

turbotank88

Jan 20, 2006
San Diego, CA
Hi guys, I'm not sure if this should be in this section or General, but I have a fuel issue. As I was driving on the freeway, the car slowly lost power, sputtered a bit, then died. Upon diagnosing some basic things, I found that the EFI fuse was blown in the junction block of the engine.

I replaced the EFI fuse, turned the key to the ON position, but I still see pressure at 0. I tried searching for any related key words and did not find much information. Any suggestions on what else I could possibly check?

Additional info:
It's been a while since I had a supra and I had bought this one with the following already installed-
Aeromotive AFPR
HKS VPC and GCC.
AEM 320lph fuel pump.
550cc injectors.

Thanks for the assistance,
-Roman

plaaya69

87T Supra
Nov 18, 2006
Lake County, IL
For a quick test with the key off,

Take the small metal cap off next to the spare tire in the rear trunk and disconnect the two wire plug. Remember what side goes where and depin the two wires going to the fuel pump from the connector and apply 12v + and - to the fuel pump and listen if you hear it or not.

That is a good starting point as it sounds like you have a bad fuel pump. Did you do the 12v mod to the fuel pump?

turbotank88

Jan 20, 2006
San Diego, CA
plaaya69;2091656 said:
For a quick test with the key off,

Take the small metal cap off next to the spare tire in the rear trunk and disconnect the two wire plug. Remember what side goes where and depin the two wires going to the fuel pump from the connector and apply 12v + and - to the fuel pump and listen if you hear it or not.

That is a good starting point as it sounds like you have a bad fuel pump. Did you do the 12v mod to the fuel pump?

12v mod was done.
With the ignition switch to ON, I actually tested jumping +B and Fp from the diagnostic port. The pump does run and I am able to see pressure. I did a google search and found on a different forum where it mention the possibility of the Circuit Opening relay.

turbotank88

Jan 20, 2006
San Diego, CA
I feel stupid now :: hommer :::: facepalm ::...All I had to do was attempt to actually start the car. Once the engine started turning over I could hear the pump running and see stable fuel pressure.

So it looks like in my situation, replacing the EFI fuse was the solution.

Thanks for the assistance guys!:thumbup: