no crank,no start, just a click from circuit open relay?? HELP!!

cpederson

Mar 12, 2007
wi
i checked grounds, battery, starter, fuses.. what else? i get power to the fuel pump, dash, pretty much everything else works, just when i go to start the car i get a click, engine doesnt turn over. i hear all the relays turn on like normal, i just get nothing but a single click from the passenger kick pannel.

i need help quick please!!!

thanks corey:: angry :::icon_mad:

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
I had the same problem not long ago and it turned out that I didn't have the starter wire hooked up to the battery. It was tucked under the intake manifold hiding.

Take your jumper cables and run it straight from your positive side terminal to your starter. That will bypass your starter relay and fuses. See if it turns over. Make sure your car is not in gear! Be sure to jump the small plug in connection & the connection on the 12mm bolt on the starter.

1jChris

Oct 31, 2010
NY
I remember being at the races one night, and this same problem happened to me while the cops came. I got lucky, as he was busy busting a Civic while some other guys gave me a push start. Eventually i did the relay mod and its been good ever since.

cpederson

Mar 12, 2007
wi
ok well i have the car cranking but i have no spark, Ive checked fuses, grounds, i have fuel, i haven't checked if i have power at the ignitor or ecu. someone show me how? also i have no cel light when the keys in the on position? does that mean bad ecu? (ill have to open it up). also when i wired the relay mod i used the big black with white stripe wire coming off the key ignition under the dash on the drivers side to activate the relay. i simply cut it and hooked new relay trigger wire to it. car turns over strong and i still have fuel. does that wire still have to be connected to the ecu?

cpederson

Mar 12, 2007
wi
i did it like he did it. straight from that to were terminal 50 lead went before. now the old trigger wire is just hanging not connected to anything.
SupraParts019.jpg

f00g00

Supramania Contributor
Jul 2, 2007
Kuwait
cpederson;1693893 said:
i did it like he did it. straight from that to were terminal 50 lead went before. now the old trigger wire is just hanging not connected to anything.
View attachment 49967

Like who did it?
You need to connect the wires back the way they were and do it like this.
I attatched 3 pics. the directions, a relay and the harness that goes with it.
If you need more info, PM me.

Attachments

• Bosch Relay.JPG
    Bosch Relay.JPG
    16.8 KB · Views: 18
  • relay.JPG
    relay.JPG
    8.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Relay Plug.jpg
    Relay Plug.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 8

cpederson

Mar 12, 2007
wi
i had no power comming out of my starter solenoid wire. so i tapped into it under the dash my the key. it turns over now but i have no spark..