No brake lights but everything else works -- Please Help!!!

PCguylovesSupra

Happy go lucky......
Jun 18, 2007
Southwest MI
My light indicator came on, thought I had a blown bulb, it happens, but my wife was driving behind me and I ask which bulb is out and she said I have no brake lights. So here is what I have done, of course looked here for any one else that might posted something similar, found nothing. So I checked the fuse, fine. Then I checked the brake pedal switch, that has continuity when pedal depressed. Check my grounds in the hatch and on the bulbs, they all had continuity, and cleaned the grounds too. Check for voltage and while my daughter was pressing and depressing the brake pedal there was voltage. No bulb is blown. Even checked the light failure sensor and my ohm meter, it seems ok but with everything else working, I have rear lights and tail lights just no brake lights. Is there something else I am missing??

Thanks
Scott

7Matt-GE

Nov 18, 2009
Becker, Minnesota
the yellow box in the back on the drivers side, the break switch on the break pedal are what are most common failures :) mine ended up being both i wired around the yellow box and switched out the switch.