Nitrous Question

quicksilver

Apr 16, 2005
owensville mo
Well to make a long story short im going to be putting a 75 shot on my car. There are a ton of threads on spark plugs, but not really anything on what to use with turbo and nitrous on a 7m. I know im going colder but im just curious as to what some of you guys use. Also if somone could confirm the NX jet sizes for a 75 shot that would be great.

Thanks,
Corey

JMDigital

Authorized Vendor
Jun 2, 2006
Tampa, Florida
www.cardomain.com
You should post a little more about your current setup. What mods do you have.

There is ALOT of info here about this already. Do a quick search. Only thing I can say is turbo's need the WET kit. Plus I recently heard that you really need to build the engine a little diffrently to safely handle nitrous.

Dont rush into it. research it first.

quicksilver

Apr 16, 2005
owensville mo
I did a search just the other day and didn't come up with much as far as spark plugs to use.

I have a nx wet kit.

My setup (just the main things)

Ross pistons (Bore is machined for nitrous)
shot pend and polished rods
Arp evreything
HKS MHG
P&P head
780cc injectors
Maft Pro speed density (temp)
walbro 255lph x2
IHI RHC& turbo
gready header
gready type r wastegate
gready ic
ect. (Lots more)

All im really wanting to know is what plugs people like to use with nitrous.

Kyle87T

Banned
Aug 4, 2005
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
Anything colder than stock is good. The NGK BPR7ES is one step colder than stock, so that is something you could look into and its copper, which makes it nice and cheap :D

I actually have a nitrous kit that I have been trying to sell for a little while, but it seems more and more people are running nitrous safely and is a great and inexpensive source for added horsepower. I may just keep it :D

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
This:

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showpost.php?p=471693&postcount=19

still applies, even for nitrous.

One heat range colder for each 75 - 100 increase in horsepower over stock.

How much are you currently putting down?

For Nitrous stay away from "coated" plugs like platinums. The nitrous tends to blow the platinum off them in very short order.

Also, once you start running nitrous, you'll need to change the plugs a lot more often. When I run a nitrous car I always run copper plugs and change them all the time.

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
Your jet size needs are all listed in the rear of your instruction manual for your nx kit. If you do not have it, it can be found on the website. Just remember that the jet sizes list take into account stock fuel pressure and correct bottle pressure. Anything lower or higher will change everything.

You are more than safe to run a 75 shot with your set up.

quicksilver

Apr 16, 2005
owensville mo
Supracentral said:
This:

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showpost.php?p=471693&postcount=19

still applies, even for nitrous.

One heat range colder for each 75 - 100 increase in horsepower over stock.

How much are you currently putting down?

For Nitrous stay away from "coated" plugs like platinums. The nitrous tends to blow the platinum off them in very short order.

Also, once you start running nitrous, you'll need to change the plugs a lot more often. When I run a nitrous car I always run copper plugs and change them all the time.

Thanks for your info. I run coppers and change them out with each oil change, but i wasn't sure about how they work with nitrous.

Im not sure what kind of power im putting down cause its been a long time since i've been to the dyno. If i had to guess it would be well into the 500 range. It made 450ish on my street tune at 18 psi., and i run 25 psi at the track. I don't know if that helps...