Nissan considering anti-drunk driving tech

Fuzz420

Are U Here 2 take My Baby
The comments on the bottom of the page are interesting as well:

Not gonna sell too well. People like me who don't drink won't want to waste their time each start-up, people who aren't like me and do drink won't want to waste their time each start-up.

Unless this was a government mandate, people would just go with a different car. (Unless it's a parent buying a car for their kid to use).

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
This is going to ruin the pacing in a lot of horror/action/thriller movies. Can you imagine the heroine frantically running to her car, fumbling with the keys, jumping into the car, and then frantically doing math puzzles so she can start the car?

Actually, strike that. That would actually be really nerve-racking stuff.

ROFL

Nissan - We dont let blondes buy our cars!

I remember my 84 300ZX talked telling me stuff like "Fuel level is low" (no shit bitch! thats why Im pushing it to the gas station!) I can hear it now..."You are either drunk, or too stupid to drive...please try again later"

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
boost PSSH boost said:
WeezL....I too know the Bitchin' Betty.

"Door is ajar, you drunk fuck."

ohh yeah, thats right, that is what it used to be called.
I just remember the fuel level one because I was driving that when I was going to college, and I was forever running out of gas in it.

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
This idea is so dumb, easy to get around, a pain for people like me who don't drink (I'm diabetic so no alcohol here), and theres a much easier way to solve the DUI problem. Instead of building all these elaboarate ways to stop them people need to change, take responsibility for themselves, and if they get caught driving drunk they need to be punished, the system fails at that part.

If you have a DUI on your record, you're a worthless POS.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Wills7MGTE said:
If you have a DUI on your record, you're a worthless POS.

hmm ... really? I have a DUI on my record. I got it one night after a big fight with my girlfriend. It was in a city of less than 12k people at 3AM. I blew a .09 (mind you this was less than 2months after they changed California law from .10 to.08) I got the ticket parked in front of my own house. I was sitting in the car with the keys in the ignition but the car wasnt running.

I have a DUI on my record for that.

Please also note, Ive never EVER been in an accident that was my fault, and in the last 15 or so years since then Ive had a total of 3 tickets.

People do make mistakes, but I guess Im just a POS though anyways...since I got that DUI and all. Its real easy to make judgments and generalizations isnt it?
Dont get me wrong, Im not defending getting a DUI, and Im certainly not defending drinking and driving. But I do think the system needs some discression on the judges part. Contrary to some peoples opinions on this site, Life is just not black and white.

phoenix6

Rockin' the blades
Aug 13, 2006
Serena's Place ;)
theWeezL said:
hmm ... really? I have a DUI on my record. I got it one night after a big fight with my girlfriend. It was in a city of less than 12k people at 3AM. I blew a .09 (mind you this was less than 2months after they changed California law from .10 to.08) I got the ticket parked in front of my own house. I was sitting in the car with the keys in the ignition but the car wasnt running.

I have a DUI on my record for that.

Please also note, Ive never EVER been in an accident that was my fault, and in the last 15 or so years since then Ive had a total of 3 tickets.

People do make mistakes, but I guess Im just a POS though anyways...since I got that DUI and all. Its real easy to make judgments and generalizations isnt it?
Dont get me wrong, Im not defending getting a DUI, and Im certainly not defending drinking and driving. But I do think the system needs some discression on the judges part. Contrary to some peoples opinions on this site, Life is just not black and white.

I think his comment was towards the idiots who actually start driving around town drunk off their asses able to kill someone at any moment. Theres ALWAYS someone else on the road, youre never alone. I drink sometimes but I never get drunk, but even in my buzzed state I wouldnt drive, ever. I value the life of everyone around me as much as my own, ready to take a bullet for people I dont even know, so I wouldnt be able to get behind the wheel with more than 1 beer in me.

I can understand and respect being drunk off your ass after a big fight like that, I just wouldnt respect it at all if you WERE going to drive around, or if you had been.

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
phoenix ^^^^^ is correct, there are exceptions but 99% of people with a DUI on thier record, have multiple DUI's, some accidents, and are usually alcoholics too, Everyone makes a mistake but when you do it more than once it is inexcusable, and a lot of people forget driving is a big responsibility and getting in a vehicle with any alcohol in your system can be deadly under the right, or should I say wrong circumstances.

Don't take that as a personal attack, but I really have no use for the same guys getting the same charges over and over, as long as you never do it again you're ok, but if you get another DUI my POS comment shall stand.

I understand that there is a lot of grey, but in america especially there is so much grey that nothing is ever solved because there is so much tolerance towards things like DUI, Domestic Battery, Armed Robbery, and theft.

Just my opinion, sorry if I personally attacked you, thats not how I meant it.