300zxclub.com
Nicoclub.com
Freshalloy.com
Importfanatix.com

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
I worked in an auto class in college, some guy brought in a 300zx for a headgasket change. customer buys the parts, students fix the car for free. these knucklehead students start working on it. get everything done, but put the cams exactly 180 of where they were suposed to be. this is an interference motor. needless to say the motor was toast. I felt bad for the guy. sort of.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Ckanderson said:
I worked in an auto class in college, some guy brought in a 300zx for a headgasket change. customer buys the parts, students fix the car for free. these knucklehead students start working on it. get everything done, but put the cams exactly 180 of where they were suposed to be. this is an interference motor. needless to say the motor was toast. I felt bad for the guy. sort of.

:nono:

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
heh. he brought it in there. Most of the people in that class wern't the smartest ones. I even proved the teacher wrong a few times.

the owner of the 300zx was told his heads were warped so he brought us a spare pair of heads. the shop teacher put me in charge of the rebuild. new heads and it ran fine... dents on the pistons... what dents?

killarb634

Apr 1, 2005
Jersey's here
Ckanderson said:
heh. he brought it in there. Most of the people in that class wern't the smartest ones. I even proved the teacher wrong a few times.

the owner of the 300zx was told his heads were warped so he brought us a spare pair of heads. the shop teacher put me in charge of the rebuild. new heads and it ran fine... dents on the pistons... what dents?

He'd never find them. If he is letting students work on his car then there is no way he would work on it.