Nintendo Wii Game Console

oscolivar1

Supraism
Feb 8, 2006
Virginia beach
ZELDA is FTW!!
love the game.
The remote is making wanna it so bad...
i just wanna see how the hell it operates, imma be sweating hard as hell if im playing madden or sumthing, said u have to do the motion of throwing it, or zelda u have to do the motion of wheeling a sword, craziness hah
looks like ill have to stretch b4 i play Wii

Last edited:

SupraDerk

The Backseat Flyer
Sep 17, 2005
Tallahassee
The production process of the Wii is based on the Gamecube (it's only slightly better than the gamecube) hence why the price is so low. Nintendo said they're focusing on actually making good games that are fun and innovative as opposed to just being pretty

oscolivar1

Supraism
Feb 8, 2006
Virginia beach
SupraDerk said:
The production process of the Wii is based on the Gamecube (it's only slightly better than the gamecube) hence why the price is so low. Nintendo said they're focusing on actually making good games that are fun and innovative as opposed to just being pretty

its about the gameplay, i know the picture/image mean a lot to ppl, but who cares if the games aren't good
i still play older games and i can't enough of it...

Yellow 13

Lurker
Apr 4, 2006
Fairfield, California
Sony sold all 88K of their launch consoles in Japan, but only 66K games were bought. Which means almost 22K were purchased by scalpers to be sold at higher prices. There are already Japanese models in New York being sold for $1200 a piece.

Nintendo is releasing 100K Wii consoles in Japan along with 1.2 million DS lites. The American launch numbers have not been given out but expect them to be much more available then the PS3. The second shipments are in on Nov. 24th if you dont get one on launch day.

thesandymancan

a.k.a: mittens
Mar 7, 2006
boise, idaho
i love nintendo but they alwas come in last. on graphics, games, and timeing. after the 64, it was downhill. the platstation beat them back then too.

and the controler looks retarded.

oscolivar1

Supraism
Feb 8, 2006
Virginia beach
maybe and maybe not...
there just trying to seperate themselves from xbox and ps, there doing sumthing that they don't have. it either breaks them or makes them. if it goes bad ps2 and x box will just makes something just like it but make it 100X's better.

thats why im interested in getting it... u have a joy stick in the left hand with 2 trigger buttons to move, and that remote to do certain tasks like throwing etc etc.
its all in time to get use to, but ne ways they also have a regular remote i believe, thats looks old school, looks similiar to super nintendo remote.
here is the link http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Wii-...bs_2/103-3817213-2911831?ie=UTF8&s=videogames

but im sure there will be specific games that using the remote will make gameplay 1000 X's better and some games where u just wanna use the classic remote

wait and see

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Yellow 13 said:
Sony sold all 88K of their launch consoles in Japan, but only 66K games were bought. Which means almost 22K were purchased by scalpers to be sold at higher prices. There are already Japanese models in New York being sold for $1200 a piece.

Nintendo is releasing 100K Wii consoles in Japan along with 1.2 million DS lites. The American launch numbers have not been given out but expect them to be much more available then the PS3. The second shipments are in on Nov. 24th if you dont get one on launch day.

I read 400k or was that USA - Japan.

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
I've never understood consoles, although i admit in some respects the Wii looks better than the XboX 360 and the PS3 (size, power requirements etc).

However, i'm still going to try out consoles only when i can plug a keyboard and mouse in. Unless i can get my hands on a PS3 and a copy of GT5 :D

89Joe

POTATOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 22, 2005
Missouri
Its tough for me to decide. I was always a PS fan, and I can remember when it first came out. Long hours spent on that thing, and boy, those were good times! It seems now however, no matter what you buy, its going to be good regardless of price or what games come out for it. I just always felt Nintendo had the cool games, the fun ones, and PS always had the serious games, more directed at older consumers. But from what I've seen, between Wii and PS3 I dunno... if I had the money, I'd buy em both, but, I don't so its going to be one or the other. Xbox can just suck it!

I'll probably buy a Wii though, simply because the idea is just amazing. I can only hope the games are going to be just as good, and can accommodate for the new style of gaming control. Eventually a PS3 when the price comes down. I do, however, have one final bit to say, when consoles and the PC finally unite, screw em all, PC gaming FTMFW!

-Joe

themadhatter

Jul 5, 2006
Vegas
i think the wii looks awsome. I want to see games come with game specific controlers like in an arcade that would be truly awsome.