Status
Not open for further replies.

speed

Gone. Email me.
May 27, 2006
not here
www.timduganphotography.com
7Mboost said:
Ok so I'm sure you do all your racing at the track, bullshit you have drove agressively just like the rest of us and he was unfortunatley the unlucky one here. Not to mention his job is to barely control high hp cars, thats his fucking job and now your just gonna play it off as "another dumb kid", and I'm sure you've never risked someone else life before either, dude I don't wanna hear your negativity at this time, you can talk shit when everyone's ok.

I could go scan my driving certificates. I could start throwing names. But none of that matters, what matter is that this kid/teenager wrecklessly endangered the lives of others. And just because most other stupid teens with quick cars do it too does NOT make it okay. Yea, I've driven aggressively on public roads when I was younger. Luckily I knew when enough was enough. For someone who had to be certified to be on a race track and to NOT know that is incomprehensible. The kid fucked up. He fucked up big time. And I don't think anyone who's honest with themselves is the least bit surprised.

edit: yes I'm cold hearted. I'm an asshole. But for fuck's sake, you reap what you sow. His actions led to the consequences we're debating about now. I'm not going to sit back and pretend to feel bad for someone who made their own choices. Their family has their circle of friends that is caring for them, us out here on the internet- we can bitch and tear it apart all we damn well please.

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
That's so terrible, and I would wait to accuse him until seeing an accident report. I hope he makes it ok regardless of the cause.

If it was directly his fault it really does reflect badly on the whole motorsport of drifting, because he's a celebrity and now he is directly associated with drifting. Makes it look like all drifters are punk kids participating in illegal street racing on a regular basis. Celebrities and professional racers are unfortunately held to a higher standard then the rest of us. Plus, it's so unnecessary because he has the money to get some track time whenever he wants.

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
speed dodici said:
I could go scan my driving certificates. I could start throwing names. But none of that matters, what matter is that this kid/teenager wrecklessly endangered the lives of others. And just because most other stupid teens with quick cars do it too does NOT make it okay. Yea, I've driven aggressively on public roads when I was younger. Luckily I knew when enough was enough. For someone who had to be certified to be on a race track and to NOT know that is incomprehensible. The kid fucked up. He fucked up big time. And I don't think anyone who's honest with themselves is the least bit surprised.

Ok so you've just admitted you've done the same thing and your just the lucky one that it didn't happen to you, and i doubt you were driving a car of that magnitude, this could've happened to ANYONE its just coinveinant it happen to someone you are jealous of, (and no i'm no big hulk fan or anything but that is cruel) Either way if you just wanna make jokes get out of this thread.

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
bigaaron said:
That's so terrible, and I would wait to accuse him until seeing an accident report. I hope he makes it ok regardless of the cause.

If it was directly his fault it really does reflect badly on the whole motorsport of drifting, because he's a celebrity and now he is directly associated with drifting. Makes it look like all drifters are punk kids participating in illegal street racing on a regular basis. Celebrities and professional racers are unfortunately held to a higher standard then the rest of us. Plus, it's so unnecessary because he has the money to get some track time whenever he wants.

I believe that is well-put but you must admit there is no thrill like the street, anyone with new info please post up.

Last edited:

speed

Gone. Email me.
May 27, 2006
not here
www.timduganphotography.com
7Mboost said:
Ok so you've just admitted you've done the same thing and your just the lucky one that it didn't happen to you, and i doubt you were driving a car of that magnitude, this could've happened to ANYONE its just coinveinant it happen to someone you are jealous of, (and no i'm no big hulk fan or anything but that is cruel) Either way if you just wanna make jokes get out of this thread.

First off I'm not making jokes. I'm just presenting the other side of the situation, the side that isn't surprised and doesn't feel bad for him.

And Yes, I admitted I've gone past the speed limit. But NEVER to such an extent that this much damage would be caused:
p733251_1.jpg

whether or not its his fault, the velocity you must be traveling to cause that amount of damage is inexcusable.

And the last thing I am is jealous of him. I grew up in Fort Lauderdale. I've been involved with exotics all my life up until 2yrs ago when I moved out here. And yes, honestly, I will say this exact same thing about anyone, reguardless of who they are. IF you're going THAT fast, and you crash- its your own fault. Someone cut you off? blow a tire? hit a deer? none of those should cause that much damage unless you are going TOO FAST.

edit: I'm done, i think i've made my point well enough.

Last edited:

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
No one plans to wreck......

YES Kids it CAN happen to you (it did to me)

Worst thing for me was coming out of a 2 week Coma not being able to speak or write thinking I'd killed innocent people.

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
speed dodici said:
First off I'm not making jokes. I'm just presenting the other side of the situation, the side that isn't surprised and doesn't feel bad for him.

And Yes, I admitted I've gone past the speed limit. But NEVER to such an extent that this much damage would be caused:
p733274_1.jpg

whether or not its his fault, the velocity you must be traveling to cause that amount of damage is inexcusable.

And the last thing I am is jealous of him. I grew up in Fort Lauderdale. I've been involved with exotics all my life up until 2yrs ago when I moved out here. And yes, honestly, I will say this exact same thing about anyone, reguardless of who they are. IF you're going THAT fast, and you crash- its your own fault. Someone cut you off? blow a tire? hit a deer? none of those should cause that much damage unless you are going TOO FAST.

That damage is most likely under 100 mph and I know you touched the other side of your speedo, and actually hitting a deer at 70 or blowing a tire at 70 is serious and that could be on the highway at the SPEED LIMIT! WIth proper execution and training spirited driving is worth the risk!

Status
Not open for further replies.