Nice Stang

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
yeah...it doesnt look right on the bubbly-topped mustang. too round...

and i'd be curious to know how it does areodynamically. i know it should create an air pocket, but what if by some odd cooincidence the car did badly at speed with the top off, or the frame didnt like the extra flex?

i guess that can be remidied. all i wanted to say is that i agree that the supra is one of the best targas ive seen this side of a ferrari...but then again, its one of the only ones...lol!

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
Meh, the MKIV pulls off the targa very well and it's got a very rounded roofline. I think the Mustang looks pretty good with that setup.

Best to do would probably be to swap the rear part of the roof from a coupe onto a convertible body, I'm sure the 'vert has all sorts of extra reinforcements, they're not bad to drive in at speed.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
haha, no there's an SC300 in my driveway right now (bro's), and if you take a good look at it, you'd have to modify ALOT, the door panels are actually bigger than the window, and if you lower the window, you can see how small the opening really is (the panel overlaps the glass, it's hard to explain, but if you saw it you'd know what i mean)...

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
Looks pretty gay as a whole. Targa looks ok but a stock outside GT is best as is. Leave the stickers for Hondas

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
The targa mod ruins the car IMO, looks horrible. But then again it was just a GT and not an actual Terminator anyway:biglaugh: . And I would hate to be in that thing if it ever flipped. The roof bar connecting the A-pillars looks like sheetmetal, I could see that collapsing right into my lap and taking my skull with it.

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
yeah ijust dont really care for it.

supra pulls it off but this car..maybe its two tall looking? i dunno. it is nice...just not my fav. and yes it looks more dangerous than a stock targa.

although i would never fart around without something over my head-period. that roof section has to be critical in the overal structure during a rollover, and without it to brace the sides...with the weight of the car it would be like building a brick-arch bridge and leaving out the middle... i'm not sure how much a targa top being on at the time would help though...i dunno how strong they bolt up..