Newest Front Facing Intake!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
I have to agree with these other gentlemen, the price you're asking for the product is far to high. read that exactly the way its typed. I think you had an excellent design, just priced to high. the difference in price between the other two guys who make 100% custom manifolds an yours is far to small to not be able to justify the extra for the custom one.

I think yours looks great and is an awesome idea but its to much man.

although, one suggestion, if its not too difficult to do (I've never welded anything before) is to smooth the entire area where the old intake used to be. know what i mean?

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
So, basically you guys never intended to buy one from him, so why do you care how much it costs? Is this the norm on this site? Someone makes something custom, and everybody sits there ragging on every little detail. Even if he never sells one, I still think it is a cool idea. The negativity on this site is amazing.

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
JDMfantasy said:
I'm with Ideal supra on this one. Those prices, for what you are doing, are off the chain. I wouldn't sell a stock manifold with a plate welded the front for more than $150. Go ahead and sell them for that then you say...well, I would, but I don't support mods that simply cut corners, so you're lucky.

Also, to the guy who didn't order from Ron and got one of Seth's....$50-100 bones for a new TB...whats wrong with the stock TB? I believe that is free.

Anyone out there looking for a front facing manifold, spend a few extra $$ (or less once you add it up) and get yourself a quality piece. $500 and some change for a completely custom intake manifold built to your specs...with or without IAC, ISC, all the vacuum fittings you could want, polished.... Too much money??? Whats with people these days? It seems like people are just into having an "FFI", instead of actually getting it for the performance (larger capacity, completly smooth inside, larger ports...ect...ect).

$45 for cleaning, whats that? $150 for polishing? Our manifold comes polished, and we'll throw in a drop down bracket for next to nothing. Looks like your prices don't seem so cheap after all, not to mention you'd still have a hacked up stock manifold that looks like that...

The manifold you're making for your self (posted on SF) looks wonderful so far....stick to those...these are just silly.

Wow this is the most professional comment yet, especially coming from someone who makes parts like this. To say that it looks like a hacked up manidfold is a huge insult. And if you read correcly is $45 for clean and shipping and handling not just the cleaning. Go a head and start making these see if I care, main thing is at least there would be more parts available to the community. So from what I read I can get a fully ported and polished plus polished outside, plus alternator bracket, and all the add ons I want for $500 plus change, that is amazing. And for you to say they are just silly when I mad 441 whp and 443wtq, I don't see anything silly about that do you? I have tried to make another option and welcome to the supra world, if you are not spending big bucks to buy the nicest stuff you are shit. I will continue to make what I want and sell what I want. I will not sell something that I do not think is beneficial so I have flow tested and street tested it before I offered. The prices will come down when I can get a few going as I have to have the cash flow to make mass amounts of the parts. I send out what I believe to be high quality work and some of you may not think that but that is your opinion. If you see the quality of work I did on the custom manifold you will see the quality they all get. So I am open to all of this trashing and you can keep waisting your energy but you will not phase me, I will make products as I choose and as long as they are function, quality, and sell I will sell them for what ever I would like, even if you could sell then for $150 until you do I am not worried. So for those who say my product is crap, I have nothing more to say to you then make something better yourselve then and then we will all prosper from it but until then do not trash my product, design or prices.

Seth Ingham
Sleeper Designs

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
JDMfantasy said:
If Kia sold their cars for 100K, they'd get ragged to.
I don't know who you are and could really care less as you are a very destructive person but saying that my product is a low rate piece of crap that I am selling for way to much is completely out of line. But I hope people that look at your products see what kind of person you are to attack someone's idea and try and promote yours at the same time. Have a nice day.

Seth Ingham
Sleeper Designs

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
Adjuster said:
I've tried, but failed to keep out of this one.

First, the stock manifold with the FFI looks interesting at best. Just interesting. It is different, but it does not look anything more than interesting. (Write into that what you like.)

Ron's fabricated plenums, and those mated to cut off stock uppers are works of art. (Write into that what you want too.)

For the money, it's a no brainer. (Or it should be.)

There, now go play nice everyone. LOL

Hate to tell you this but with the tools I have to use, it takes about the say amount of time to make a custom one as it does to make the conversation. Starting with fesh aluminum and from scratch does not leave you have to fight the original design. I have choosen to do this as I wanted to leave another option that not only acheived the goal but also allowed the buyer to have very little custom work to make it work. Read into that what you would like. I can throw a custom manifold out there for $500 no problem, so not like I am just making those manifolds, i am just giving another option.

Thanks,
Seth Ingham
Sleeper Designs

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
sethron71 said:
Hate to tell you this but with the tools I have to use, it takes about the say amount of time to make a custom one as it does to make the conversation. Starting with fesh aluminum and from scratch does not leave you have to fight the original design. I have choosen to do this as I wanted to leave another option that not only acheived the goal but also allowed the buyer to have very little custom work to make it work. Read into that what you would like. I can throw a custom manifold out there for $500 no problem, so not like I am just making those manifolds, i am just giving another option.

Thanks,
Seth Ingham
Sleeper Designs

seth....i would just like to state that i PERSONALLY think the work you did and do is fine... theres nothing wrong with it and im glad you are giving mk3 owners yet another option in the market. what i DONT agree with is the pricing for it...BUT thats MY opinion....

anything youd like to discuss with me feel free to PM me...

however....this thread isnt going anywhere...i moved your "ordering" thread into the Misc Vendors section so you can sell out of there... im gonna lock this one up...

Status
Not open for further replies.