Newbie from Houston, TX.

turbodremz

Jul 26, 2013
Houston, TX
Just wanted to drop a quick intro. My name is Chris, Im the owner of a small shop here in Houston, and recently picked up a MK3 Supra that is going to be taking places of my 92 SC300. Most of the parts from my SC will be transferred over to the MK3, including the LS1/T56, roll cage and a few other parts. Im sure some will scratch their heads at my decision going from an SC300 to a MK3, but always liked the style and aggressive nature of the Supra. I have had my SC for almost 6 yrs now, and its just a bit heavy for my taste even with the interior completely gutted.

But, looking forward to my new home here aside from ClubLexus. No pictures of the MK3 shell just yet, but a couple of the SC that is getting torn apart in its place:

ea633n.jpg

1ny88g.jpg

Plans are simple for the MK3. Reinforce subframe/bushings, coilovers and adjustable suspension goodies as needed, full cage (it is a Targa top), 17x9 in the front, 17x10.5 on the back, headlight conversion of some sort, paint, and boost/cam the LS1. I will have an iron 5.7 block ready early 2014, and will be looking into a Ford 8.8 rear depending on how well the stock subframe holds the power. But still being new to the MK3's, Im always open to suggestions, especially from the high HP guys about any reinforcement areas/ideas/tips.

turbodremz

Jul 26, 2013
Houston, TX
The LS swap into the SC actually wasnt much. I was able to keep it under $5k, both engine and trans have under 56k original miles documented from original donor car (2000 WS6 T/A).

Unfortunately, Im not moving anything over to the MK3. Being that my SC300 is already caged, I have decided to pick up a 5.3 iron block, and bore it to 5.7 LS1 specs, and boost on that. So hopefully soon, the SC will be at 15+ psi on a 5.7L iron block and well into the 600rwhp range with plenty of room to go. I do still have the MK3, but undecided what to do with it as I have already to started to part out some small items.