Newb to the north

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
Lima, Ohio, United States
Hey everyone. Im moving to ohio in mid to late july. Ill be in Allen County, Lima Ohio. So I was wondering, what should I be prepared for?? Should I prep my car for anything? Any advice would be great.

ohiosupramst

Aug 31, 2009
Cincinnati
You probably going to need to get a 4x4 of some kind for when it snows. Make sure your Supra has working heat. This is awesome news one more for Ohio. Make sure to join Ohiosupras.org also.

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
Im planning on purchasing a jeep. So the 4x4 should be taken care of by then. Supra does not have heat. So I definatly need to fix that. Ill be sure to join when I get up there. Whats up there that is fun to do? Besides racing.

ohiosupramst

Aug 31, 2009
Cincinnati
I'm sure there is plenty of skiing/snowboarding to be done up there. You won't be to far from Lake Erie so if you like fishing I hear they have some world class fishing up there. There is a dragstrip in Norwalk which isn't to far away. The Pro Football Hall of Fame is in Canton. Actually quite a few Supras up that way.

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
Sweet. Believe it or not, I have never been to a supra meet. EVER. Ive always wanted to go but never got around to it. So hopefully when I get up there Ill be able to get to one....or as many as I can. Never been skiing or snowboarding. Shot Ive never even seen snow. This is going to be quite an expeirence.

ohiosupramst

Aug 31, 2009
Cincinnati
I wouldn't recommend driving the supra in the snow at all not just because of the snow but the salt will rust your car very quickly plus Supras plus snow equals disaster. Seen the pictures of your Supra in your album looks pretty damn clean man. The main meets around here are Indianapolis in May, Chicago which is in July/August, and the Kyana meet late October/ early November.

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
Yea, Ive heard about the salt up there. Ill be driving the jeep during the winter. Lol. This is going to be awsome. Im excited. Feel kinda like a kid in a candy store.

The shell is pretty clean, and the engine is about to be rebuilt. But the front seats.....are HORRID. They are ripped and shredded. It sucks.

ohiosupramst

Aug 31, 2009
Cincinnati
Are they cloth or leather? SIP racing is up that way Rich is a awesome engine builder from what I've heard he might be a good guy to help you with your rebuild (if you need help).

ohiosupramst

Aug 31, 2009
Cincinnati
You can always post a wtb add I'm sure somebody has some clean leather seats. Hope to see you at some meets this year if not next year good luck with your Supra.