New wheels!

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Looks great Dave! I spoke to you on Tuesday and you didn't have it lowered then by Thursday it is LOL Funny guy. :p Looking awsome and I am sure they will settle.

Duane

NJSUPRA

Banned
Apr 1, 2005
NJ
Lookn good! Those remind me of Rajunez's centerline wheels for some reason. I like the tires too. :)

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
They should remind you of Rajunz. They are almost exactly the same - the only differences I can see are the 'rivets' - his go between the spokes, mine go all the way around the wheel, and the finish. Mine are a raw aluminum style finish, his are either very well polished or chrome. They are almost exactly the same size, mine are 9" wide in the rear, his are 9.5, the fronts are the same.

Looking at pictures of both side by side, I'm absolutely certain that one company copied the other, but I must admit, I have no clue who was actually first. I'd lay odds on Centerline, though, they've been around a long, long, time, and this style fits well with the other designs I have seen them put out. Still complete conjecture, however.

IMO, Rajunz wheels are the best looking set of wheels I'd ever seen before I got mine. The shiny look works very well on his red car, however I like a less reflective finish - when these showed up, I was floored, they were absolutely perfect, exactly what I wanted in literally every way.

TONY!

Habitual Supra Killer
Mar 30, 2005
Tonyland
GrimJack said:
They should remind you of Rajunz. They are almost exactly the same - the only differences I can see are the 'rivets' - his go between the spokes, mine go all the way around the wheel...
That is it! -- the reason why his rims look higher -- because his spokes are longer. The length of the spokes gives the illusion, at least to my eye, the height of the rim. Shorter spokes makes rims look lower; longer spokes make rims look higher, even if it is the same actual dimesions (both 17" in your cases).
GrimJack said:
...and the finish. Mine are a raw aluminum style finish, his are either very well polished or chrome...
I would bet they are chrome. He has a hot rod theme working for that car. I would guess that his previous cars had some influence on how he built his MK3. I have been around some 'old hot rod' fans and they are into the same things he is into: shows, chrome, custom paint, etc.
GrimJack said:
...IMO, Rajunz wheels are the best looking set of wheels I'd ever seen before I got mine. The shiny look works very well on his red car....
I must agree and IMO, Rajunz's whole car is in the top three of all Supra's I have ever seen.

If you guys want to compare, here is a Centerline Matrix:
911-913_MATRIX_hi_151x141.jpg

TONY!

Habitual Supra Killer
Mar 30, 2005
Tonyland
OMG! -- how did I not notice that was a 6 spoke that I showed?! Ouch! lol
The first time I did a google search, I came up with:
http://www.centerlinewheels.com/photo_gallery_car.php
within that site came up:
http://www.centerlinewheels.com/photo_detail_car.php?id=690

I did not know Centerline's Matrix came in various numbered spokes. The second time I looked for a pic in google, I just typed Centerline Matrix, and then inserted that pic (6 spoke) assuming it was the same. No wonder it looked even more different to me. lol

Grim, this I know for sure: your car looks great!
I also know you like 'upskirt pics' such as this one.
IMG_3944.JPG

You seem to like that angle. I have seen you do it before too, but not on Loki's car because you don't know it well enough and you don't want to be too forward with it just yet :p

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Yup, I like that angle for sure. I originally saw that shot on another member's car... damnifIremember now who it was. One of the California guys, used to own these wheels before he sold them to Cassio:

mini-IMG_1070.JPG

Rajunz

Fast Coonass
Apr 5, 2005
Austin, Texas USA
www.cardomain.com
Wow Grimjack, you've gotta know I like them! They really look great with your car color.

Thanks again for the compliments on my car guys, my wheels are polished aluminum. I wipe them down about once a month and polish them every 3 months. I need to buy one of those Mother's Power Balls soon.

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
After really looking over the pics, I have decided that pictures do not do these wheels justice. They look so much better in person.