new wheels *56k warning*

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
finally got my lugnuts so i could put these on. now i just need some new rear rubber. also got my exhaust done. i thought a muffler was a good idea after i saw kids on the side of the road covering their ears as i drove by with open DP. too bad the muffler shop was retarded and did the bends all wrong :icon_conf looks like im still in the market for a replacement for their crappy work.

p42260_1.jpg

p42260_2.jpg

p42260_3.jpg

the way it used to look:

p42260_4.jpg

opinions anyone?

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
i had my exhaust custom made from the DP back, full three inches, all mandrel bends and an N1 muffler at the back. sounds great. you are looking to replace your setup? everything is for sale, make me an offer. the muffler is poslished SS and the piping is painted black with high heat paint.

AGlobalThreat

Acceleration
Apr 4, 2005
Santa Clarita
Clean your car hehe. I hate to say it, but I think a nice aftermarket lip on your car with a drag wing (Yes yes rice rice) would actually look good on your car. That's just the way I see it though. BTW wash that thing lol! Hard to focus on the nice rims when all I see are the dirt marks on the door :p. Rims look great.

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
hehe, ya i know it needs a wash but i only had my friends camera for a little while so i did the best i could. a lip may be in the works but i have to pay for school and insurance soon. I do have a wing coming, just not a drag wing. hopefully soon i will have a C/F bomex whale tail replica on there along with my godfather overfenders :joshers: oh, and a new exhaust :icon_conf

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
thanks for the kind words every one. to answer your questions:

doom: my rear turbo badge came off with the tail light swap. i have a 3.0 turbo in the front grill (hard to see in the pics) and its all the ricers in this town deserve as a warning. the wing looked bad with the newer tails so it was pulled off. i just want my whale tail replica on there now :icon_bigg

rajunz: sorry about not posting what they are, hehe. they are chevlon racing mesh 3 peice i beleive. 17x8 front 17x9 rear, came with falken azenis st115 235 and 255 for tires. not bad for $600 with rubber. too bad the rears are trashed so bad they are showing belts :joshers:

EDIT: lagged, i didnt see your post originally, yes i am looking and YGPM :biglaugh:

Last edited:

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
facepalm.jpg

holy old thread... didn't stop searching through my old posts after you found the 3-piece one eh, Jeff?

I also remembered what the pointless information i wanted to tell you was, PM inbound lol. :biglaugh:

akito said:
they look so much like the works rezax...do u have any up close pictures?

i do have better pictures of them on my other mk3, that isnt scrap like the black car. you can find them in a few other threads ive posted. if you dont feel like searching just fire me a PM and i can link you to some if you want.

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
I've also seen much worse repaired, however on 3-piece wheels it is significantly harder to repair them without causing warpage/damage to the mounting surfaces on the barrels. The first one is actually more easily repaired, and wouldn't be a problem. It's the second one and that flattened section goes very far into the wheel, almost to the wheel face.

These aren't going in the garbage or anything, one day they may return to their former glory!

Jeff