New Turbo is here!! Turbo concepts 70mm

jkbmkiii

Supramania Contributor
Nov 24, 2005
Castle Rock colorado
The turbo is on! The only issue is the actuator sits on the body.....

It was a semi productive day we got the maft pro wired up and the turbo,manifold,dp in! Now have to take the dp out after I decide where to tap the dp for the w/b sensor!

jkbmkiii

Supramania Contributor
Nov 24, 2005
Castle Rock colorado
I had a few on the car before and they held up so we will see.. I have a bunch of metal ones but they are ugly at the moment so if the others dont hold I have more work to do!

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
I dont know if the SP DDP I make will even fit on that turbo. The wastegate valve looks huge !!!!, but it has to be to control boost on such a big turbo.

Internal wastegates have a hard time controlling boost when used with large wheels, thats why you never see a T66 or t88 with an internal gate, it just wouldnt work. I would think you will need a 2" wastegate dump tube for that, but it will not fit with a DDP flange. If I was you, I would port out the wastegate hole as big as you can before you install it.

jkbmkiii

Supramania Contributor
Nov 24, 2005
Castle Rock colorado
If dr j would pm me back I could finish her up!
Any one watching this have a LC 1 in there car? Any tips on the BEST place to hook up the two Grounds on the lc1?

Last edited:

MK3Brent

Very expensive....
Aug 1, 2005
Greensboro and Greenville NC
jkbmkiii said:
If dr j would pm me back I could finish her up!
Any one watching this have a LC 1 in there car? Any tips on the BEST place to hook up the two groungs on the lc1?
Grounds?

I used the grounds with the cigarette lighter wiring.
Worked fine on my LM-1

jkbmkiii

Supramania Contributor
Nov 24, 2005
Castle Rock colorado
I went to the dyno a couple of weeks ago and made 345whp at 11psi, and driving on the street I have yet to have any lag issues! Iam 100% happy with this turbo! I have been so busy I have yet to swap to the bigger injectors and go back to the dyno but the time is coming !

brad92t

Supramania Contributor
Apr 25, 2006
Lexington, KY
www.haxors.us
believe or not i do know how to tell when a thread is old... but when its 6 pages of nail biting suspense and then he leaves me hanging like that... i must take action. :naughty: