New turbo is finally here... (pics)

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
The greedy UPS driver showed up this morning with a box. The Missus paid him to leave us alone and leave the box here.

When I finally got home and unwrapped it, this is what I found. Now all I have to do is figure out what I need for oil fittings... and how to mount a wastegate actuator.

Oh - and the center section is 1/2 inch wider than a CT26, which will put the compressor outlet 1/2 inch closer to the front of the car. Hopefully my lower hardpipe (or the couplers, anyway) has that much flex... or I'm going to have to cut it down a bit.

Anyway, on to the pics.

IMG_2550a.JPG

IMG_2551a.JPG

IMG_2552a.JPG

IMG_2554a.JPG

IMG_2556a.JPG

IMG_2559a.JPG

BJ91T

Aug 28, 2006
Baton Rouge LA
looks like the turbonetics bolt on 62-1 i belive i know of 2 people that have run that with great sucess grim where can i find that turbo i have been looking for a while with no sucess.

thanks in advance
BJ

Ps i can get an exact list for an oil line setup for that turbo if you need it a buddy of mine is running it right now.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Close - this is the turbonetics bolt on 60-1 hifi. HorsepowerFreaks can get them. I haven't seen much in the way of specs on them yet, this is supposed to be 500 hp capable, which is more than I care to run.

I'd appreciate the oil line setup list, probably make my life a lot easier! :)

89Turbo

Oct 22, 2005
Portland
you dont by chance have a TurboNetics part# do you, i can get these through work but there catalog sucks/////////

BJ91T

Aug 28, 2006
Baton Rouge LA
its the same turbo i plan to run except i am looking at the "original" instead of "hifi" due to a 4in inlet on the original.

I will get that list to you asap

later
BJ

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
i wanna be the 1st to ask. what are you doing with that old ct? i know it was blowing smoke, but i am interested in the wheel and the inducer housing. let me know :D
oh and nice better turbo.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
The old turbo wasn't blowing smoke, it has death whine and won't boost over 3 psi. Pretty sad for a 60-1 upgraded CT, I might add. I stopped driving it immediately, but even so, I suspect that it's going to need all the usual work for a blown turbo, possibly a new compressor cover, definitely a new compressor wheel. The shaft play is pretty bad.

On the other hand, the exhaust side is almost literally brand new, no cracks at all.

Plan is to get a quote on having it rebuilt, and if it's worth doing, go that route and sell it when it's finished. If I can't get my money back out of it that way, I'll sell the remains cheap as parts.

89Turbo - the part number for the turbo itself, or the accessories to bolt it up? I can look up the part number pretty easily, I *think* it's the Turbonetics number...

89Turbo

Oct 22, 2005
Portland
GrimJack said:
The old turbo wasn't blowing smoke, it has death whine and won't boost over 3 psi. Pretty sad for a 60-1 upgraded CT, I might add. I stopped driving it immediately, but even so, I suspect that it's going to need all the usual work for a blown turbo, possibly a new compressor cover, definitely a new compressor wheel. The shaft play is pretty bad.

On the other hand, the exhaust side is almost literally brand new, no cracks at all.

Plan is to get a quote on having it rebuilt, and if it's worth doing, go that route and sell it when it's finished. If I can't get my money back out of it that way, I'll sell the remains cheap as parts.

89Turbo - the part number for the turbo itself, or the accessories to bolt it up? I can look up the part number pretty easily, I *think* it's the Turbonetics number...

both :icon_bigg

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
I'm glad to see more than an upgraded CT-26 on this beauty. Hopefully you won't have problems with the boost creep as some people do with the turbonetics exhaust housings.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Nice!

Get the turbine housing ceramic coated before you put it in...really helps w/ radiated heat to the bay. I believe you have a coater in your neck of the woods too...ask for a 2000 deg rated coating.

BTW - Ever go to the Foggy Dew?

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
Dave;

Very Nice! Looks like it "will be on",:naughty: if you get my drift,:biglaugh: when I'm up and running again! I have a "beefy" adjustable wg actuator, that might work on it also. 25psi capable,... I think?! It was the one on my GT3076R.:icon_bigg