new to this site!!

yeesir

Sep 8, 2010
Minneapolis
got a 87 ttop turbo ma70 and was goin do swap. need lil bit of suggestion of which motor is good and that can last. so any expert on that? 1jz/2jz/7m, which of this motor any of you supra fans out there recommend?

SupraDreamPDR

Boost-a-holic!!
Feb 3, 2006
Springfield, OH.
Welcome to the forums. I don't believe you have a "t-top" Supra as you described, unless it was an aftermarket install. Your year MKIII Supra only came with targa top (where the roof panel actually can be removed) or hardtops with dealer installed sunroofs. However, to answer your motor questions... all of them are great options, all of them can last... you or your engine builder just needs to do the correct machine work to them first. Happy modding.

yeesir

Sep 8, 2010
Minneapolis
lol...ttop i mean targa top..jus put it in short words. im seriously thinkin bout doin 2jz but it is true that i gotta smash the fire wall to make some room and what stuffs that need to relocate?

MINA

Jan 19, 2010
sacramento
welcome to the site.
just do alot of searching and you will find the answers you need thats what i have been doing. just search!

SupraDreamPDR

Boost-a-holic!!
Feb 3, 2006
Springfield, OH.
yeesir;1615693 said:
lol...ttop i mean targa top..jus put it in short words. im seriously thinkin bout doin 2jz but it is true that i gotta smash the fire wall to make some room and what stuffs that need to relocate?

Ah, no worries. I'm finally taking the leap into the 2JZ world... after munching my 2nd MHG on my Greddy 20G turbo 7M. There is a ton of great information on this site about that swap.. but be aware, it is not a cheap option. Here is a link to get you started.... Good Luck. http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?66984-2JZGTE-MKIII-Swap-Info

yeesir

Sep 8, 2010
Minneapolis
SupraDreamPDR,

thnks fo that infors..dayummm, probably gotta spendin at least 10gs in order to complete the swap right? man..not easy at all. but hey guys, it is worth of doin 2jz tho? any experiences? my goal is to get a reliable motor n swap, doin minor upgrade to at least 400whp or so. not interest in drag/racin, only fo normal drivin and show off.