new to the wideband

Supraboy89

Oct 25, 2006
Hampton GA
sup guys. just want to know the rich-lean numbers for the uego aem wideband. mine at idle reads about 14.8 and at wot 10.0 just need to know if i am lean or rich at wot thanks

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
They are plug and play. But don't take my word for it....check out the manual/instructions. ;)

The richest that one will read is 10.0 so you may even be richer at wot.

There's a saying....."Its better to be rich and retarded than lean and broke."

lewis15498

Don't blame ebay cheapass
Sep 28, 2008
Raynham, Massachusetts, United States
subjug4tor;1354743 said:
The lower the number, the richer it is. 14.9 is stoich.

14.7 is stoich for gasoline, numbers below that are rich number above that are lean. You may hear another term, the greek letter lambda. no matter what fuel you are running 1 lambda is stoich. the 14.7 AFR means in order to achieve 1 lambda in a vaccum, you need 14.7 parts air to one part fuel. We dont drive in a vaccum so you want richer numbers to be on the safe side. (keeps temps down, and prevent many problems) your so your idle is a little lean 14.8/14.7=1.007 lambda, around 14.0 would be ideal or .952 lambda. At WOT your 10.0 is a little rich. (10.0/14.7=.68 lambda) ideal safe range would be 10.5 if your running high boost, to 11.5 for lower boost setting (.714-782 lambda.) Lambda is important to understand because 1lambda is always stoich no matter what fuel you use 14.7 is only stoich using pure gasoline.
If you are modding your supra or planning on turning up your boost, its time to start researching fuel controllers. if your just running it at stock boost, your numbers are probably fine, just a little rich at wot, but the worst that can do is leave some black smoke on your rear bumper.

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
Question:
On a related note, my UEGO gauge bounces around quite a bit at idle and any other time it should be stoich. Under full throttle it'll hold pretty steady around a good number. But it rarely does that at idle. Is this indicative of a problem, as far as anyone knows?
I do believe that my valves aren't seating perfectly, and my CPS has excessive backlash and an internal oil leak... (related?) Maybe it's my injectors.. idk? ideas please?