New to the Supras!

thinhman

Feb 7, 2009
Garden Grove
Hello people, just came from the honda world to toyota. Just picked up my car this week and already taking out the motor to put in another 7m. The current one has bad piston rings and is blowing by oil.

Well I will be hitting this forum up a lot, now here are some pics.

p1264274_1.jpg

p1264274_2.jpg

p1264274_3.jpg

p1264274_4.jpg

p1264274_5.jpg

thinhman

Feb 7, 2009
Garden Grove
strippedsup87;1264287 said:
whats wrong with it?

BUNCH of crap...lets start with the suspension. there is air in the system, the pads are basically out, and the rotors are crappy, and the calipers look like someone pooped on them.
all 4 of my shocks are blown, the spring is like HELLA compressed haha.

onto body...
one fog light is missing, both hood dampers and trunk dampers are shot so I need a stick to hold them both up, my targa top is missing bolts and the tools to take it off and such (had to dig for an allen somewhere).

now engine...
I have blowby, because my piston rings are out. It's burning oil so I don't pass smog. I need a valve job done and seals redone. my lifters are also bad...you can hear major ticking.

so overall I was either going to rebuild the motor or just buy another 7m. I chose to buy another 7m (found one for like 300). I would get a 7mgte but I wanna hold out on that for a bit. I'm actually trying to make this car my daily driver.

so I'm driving this engine to crap while I buy my other 7m and redoing the head gasket and such.

yep....big plans already.

5l_eater;1264283 said:
Awesome bro welcome to the forum and **TORQUE**... Did you buy your other 7M already ?
nope, I'm planning to hopefully pick it up this weekend if nothing goes wrong.

thinhman

Feb 7, 2009
Garden Grove
5l_eater;1265102 said:
Honestly replace the head gasket b4 you put the new 7m in it

yep, of course. I'm getting arp studs and a metal head gasket. I'm going to get the head milled and honed, have a valve job done and stuff. Trying to make a checklist.

So hopefully I'll never go through the bhg stress =D