New to the Supra

MrSupraStudent

Apr 18, 2014
Boise, Idaho
Hello SupraMania. My name is Skylar, I'm from Boise in the wonderful state of potatoes.
I've beme if using the site for a few weeks now to research a but about the Supra I just acquired. I thought this would be a good time to introduce myself before I started making posts of my own.

Anyway, I recently bought my first Supra (1989 White Supra Turbo) which seems to be giving me a bit of issues that I have to work through but am very happy to do so.
View attachment 73039

The car is beautiful and more than I could ask for. Being new to the Supra community I bought the car without really knowing what was going on with it. The previous owners seemed to be somewhat incompetent with motorized vehicles all together. The car had been sitting under a cover for almost a year without being touched. The outside was pretty so I said, "what the hey! It couldn't cost too much to get this kitty purring.

After getting the car home and doing some recon I came to find d that the owners before the last were running much more boost than the stock vehicle can handle and fried pretty much... Everything.

As of now I'm planning on swapping the engine out for another 7m. And to all those who would say " Throw a 2j in there!" no thank you. As of right now it would be too much money and I'm not really looking to make over 500 horses with the car.

IMG_20140417_063659.jpg

I should be able to order the new engine in about a week or so and am very excited for the swap. The ordering from Tiger Japanese. I've read that they are fairly good and reliable... Correct me if I'm wrong.

Again I am new to the Supra community so constructive criticism is always welcome.

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
No, even with the color change I'll be faster (I'm up to 16.7psi :p) hahaha breaking out the John Reed card huh? Bring it on Nationals are coming up quick I'll have my dyno sheet then :-D

Last edited:

supranewbie

Mar 23, 2011
46°47.0'N 120°09.0'W
:) You will be. I have no doubt. Your car is going to be pretty quick.
But...I feel confident that a couple weeks at PSI will correct that.
I'm kidding of course (for now). My car is right at the DD power level I was aiming for.
And I actually really like the new color you have going. You should hurry up

MrSupraStudent

Apr 18, 2014
Boise, Idaho
Very first thing being done to the car after the swap is all new Samco ancillary hoses and coolant hoses, as well I'm replacing all vacuum lines with Samco lines (except for one line which samco does not make the mm for)
Titanmotor sport 3" down pipe
Blitz Nur Spec exhaust
Apexi power air intake
tein super street coil overs

after that I'm not quite sure. My wallet doesn't stretch that far.
Any suggestions for initial mods?