New to the Supra World

iamsuprman13

Sep 9, 2012
JBLM, WA
Well Hello everyone,

My name is Sean, I am a Mechanic in the United States Army. Just recently home from Afghanistan. Recent as in 10 Sep 2012, and I just purchased my very first Supra. I bought a 91' MKIII Turbo, 5 Speed, Sunroof, White with Blue Interior. The car had almost 300K on it when I picked it up. Now for the bad...it threw a rod before I even made it home. Yep. As bad as that sounds, so needless to say this has turned into a pretty big project for me. I had been working on an engine swap for another vehicle, and instead I am going to put that engine into this one. So this car is going to be my biggest focus over the next couple of weeks. Well here is a few pics of the car the day I picked her up.

p1875704_1.jpg

This is it before I drove it for the first time.
p1875704_2.jpg

Happy as hell, about to test drive it.
p1875704_3.jpg

How it sits now, just waiting to be worked on!

lxsirprize

Nov 11, 2010
WV
Welcome to the forum and glad you made it back home safely! Sorry to hear about the car....mine did kinda the same thing (blown head gasket ><). If your not familiar with the forum, read lots!!! There are many great people here that have a ton of knowledge and respond quite quickly. Also, check the want ads in the forum...lots of time you can get a great deal for your needed parts during the rebuild!

Happy motoring!

iamsuprman13

Sep 9, 2012
JBLM, WA
I am going to put in the 1UZFE. I had planned on doing this swap anyway. But a long time from now. I was in the middle of building my Offroad Crawler...and I was going to put the 1UZ in that as well, and then after that project was finished I was going to start building the car. Well I was going to use the car as my DD in the meantime, so now that this happened, I kinda gotta put my truck on hold and work on the car. Since I have almost everything I need for the engine, I am going to pick up the needed parts to finish the tranny mate-up and work on the wiring. If I can get the money straight, then this shouldn't take me too long..."shouldn't"

But thanks for welcoming me. I have been wanting a Supra for a long time, and I actually like the square body style of the MKIII more than the rounder MKIV. So I really like the car I got.

iamsuprman13

Sep 9, 2012
JBLM, WA
Yeah I will start a build thread on here soon. Just as soon as I get started on it...which I might start tonight...since I just finished cleaning the better half of my garage...so now I have room for engine work...

iamsuprman13

Sep 9, 2012
JBLM, WA
I really wish it would be but sadly I won't have the money to finish it that quickly. I am looking at around 1500 before I can finish it. However, I am gonna try to sell off the good parts of the 7M to pay for it. I am sure plenty of people will want the good stuff.