New to the mkiii world

CivicKiller

Nov 30, 2010
Greensburg PA
I just bought a mkiii about 4 months ago and figured i better find where the forums are so i googled it and found this awsome site. Im only 18 but ive owned a total of 3 supras so far. My First car was a red 1984 celica supra field car for $800 that i rescued at the age of 15 and wanted to restore it and use it as my first car. As time went on i ended up buying a black 82 celica supra for $500 that ended up turning into a parts car for the 84. Realizing after 2 years of restoring the car and seeing how much work still needed to be done and at the time i needed a daily driver for school and work, I decided to save my paychecks and buy a Electric blue 87 7mgte mkiii supra and fell in love with everything about it. The owner before me rebuilt the entire engine with new parts such as HKS metal head gasket arp studs at 85lbs, Full hardpiping, Cold air intake, HKS blow off valve, 3" down pipe and full exhaust, and lots of other stuff. The bad is, Power steering is on and off at random time, Spedo doesnt work, Clutch just started slipping, not even close to pa inspection and tends to stall but from my understanding its the blow off valve causing the stalling. But i got all this for $3,000.

Currently, the 84 runs and has all the parts that are needed to finish it, its either going to be sold as is or be turned into a weekend track car. The 82 was sold. The 87 i thought i could use as a daily driver is already in the garage having the clutch pulled out and other parts added or replace such. I plan to have it all done by late January. Im also from Greensburg PA (30mins east from Pittsburgh) if anyone want to do a meet or cruise when the weathers nice im up for it. Im at the North Hunnigton car show every saturday night with a MKIV supra and a R32 skyline owner. Its mostly older american muscle but more and more imports and exotics are showing up.

Hope to see you PA supra owners out there!

Last edited: