new to supras, never gonna change now !!

Suprarook

Ninety-Chew Mk-Tree
Mar 18, 2007
wisconsin/illinois border
Hey everyone, I'm new on this forum. I just bought a 92 Supra N/A from the internet for 1100 bucks, it has 251,000 miles on it and besides the charging issue I have been trying to figure out this week, the car runs strong. I don't know the history of this car that well, but for that many miles to run as good as it does. Not to mention the interior and cleanliness and quality of all the parts on the car !! shit...This car looks and runs better than my wifes '01Dodge Stratus. My plans for this non-turbo motor is simply making sure that I upgrade mostly all the external parts, pulleys, wires, radiator, etc., I hope that I will eventually hold the worlds record for odometer miles on a N/A supra on the original block...what is the record anyway, is there one??
Hit me back, sorry for the book here, but just tryin to get my foot in the Supra Door here.
.......Glad to meet all of you and I appreciate the tech help on my charging system problem that I posted a couple of days back, lot's of great info here !

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
Hello there. N/A basicly last forever if maintained, so I am sure there are some with some high mileage around.

Welcome to SM

Clied

Wangan Supra
Jun 8, 2006
NorCal
My old NA had over 200,000 miles on it and it was still running strong. Then I sold it and bought a turbo model. The turbo model had lower miles but had more problems. Small problems though. Hold on to that 92 man,even though it's NA(no offense), I dont see to many of them.

Suprarook

Ninety-Chew Mk-Tree
Mar 18, 2007
best year cause the last year of the MKIII or because they only made a limited amount of that year, I read somewhere the five speed N/A production run for 1992 was only like 1500 cars...maybe I read that wrong. Anyone know the actual cars made for this year?

2543arvin

Moving to Japan!!!
Nov 30, 2006
Jacksonville, NC
congratulations on your supra! Have you ever driven the turbo supra...i know your a fan of your n/a but driving the turbo model is so much better...imo, but yeah how bout some pics?

Suprarook

Ninety-Chew Mk-Tree
Mar 18, 2007
AS FAR AS PICS GO, JUST LET ME GET SOME BATTERIES FOR THE CAM AND ILL SNAP A FEW SHOTS AND UPLOAD THEM HERE...LET ME JUST SAY THE DARK TORQUOISE COLOR AND THE BLACK AND DARK GREY INTERIOR ARE SHARP LOOKING, IT HAS 5 STAR FACTORY TOYOTA RIMS BUT I PULLED THE CENTER CAPS OFF AND CLEANED THEM UP AND THEY GIVE IT A NEW LOOK, JUST AS SOON AS I UPGRADE TURBO I WILL THROW SOME LIGHTER RIMS ON IT MAYBE BLACK MAGNESIUM?
I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO DRIVING TURBO,,,, UNFORTUNATELY IT IS NOT TARGA, IT HAS A SUNROOF BUT TARGA I WOULD BE MORE INTERESTED TO OWN, MAYBE I CAN CONVERT?

Suprarook

Ninety-Chew Mk-Tree
Mar 18, 2007
the wifey just got my rechargeable batteries and are now charging, give me until about 10 or 11 am to get some posted. I don't think pics in the fog at night will give it a nice profile ya know!

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
u neva know...

oh and i'm willing to bet that an open sunroof has less chassis flex than an open targa.

i'm not sure how they compare closed, but at least when you're enjoying the wind, you still have some frame bracing the top of the car.

Suprarook

Ninety-Chew Mk-Tree
Mar 18, 2007
yeah your right, you need support towards the upper portion to hold it together in certain (situations...lol), and in the unlikely event of a rollover accident there is more stability and reinforcement to help you much more than a targa. Also, I'm not sure on the removal and placement of a targa roof, but what if you take it off and throw it in the garage...carefully throw it...and it starts to rain or the sun is just pissin' u off, at least with a sunroof u can just shut it and be happy. So maybe I'll keep the sunroof eh.